Tactacam issues

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Have one original Tactacam and one reveal x on same property. The X is getting 100s of pics a day the original seems to have stopped transmitting. Hasn’t sent pics in 2 days. Battery life is down to 50% and SD card is about 50% full. Any thoughts on why this won’t send, been working fine.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have you had it re-flashed? If not that seems to be the fix for the older version of the cell camera. The updates just don't seem to do the trick from what I've read. Send it back and let them re-flash it, then see the difference.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Check battery's first. If battery's are good turn it to setup mode and change the megapixel setting using the camera menu to an option other than 8MP and save changes. Turn camera switch off then turn back on to setup. If the camera goes back to 8MP and didn't stay where you set it you need to send it to them to reflash. Email support and tell them exactly this and they'll have it back to you in a week.

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My X just quit at 40% battery. Replaced them today. I think that was probably had been out little over a month. I get weak to moderate signal will see if it starts sending again.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
One of mine worked just fine up until this past Tuesday. Crashed and no more pics or transmissions. Called Tactacam and they were very helpful. Turns out I have been using a wrong SD card. They said to be absolute sure to use a ( U3 ) marked card in these cams. Otherwise, it will malfunction at some point.

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
One of mine worked just fine up until this past Tuesday. Crashed and no more pics or transmissions. Called Tactacam and they were very helpful. Turns out I have been using a wrong SD card. They said to be absolute sure to use a ( U3 ) marked card in these cams. Otherwise, it will malfunction at some point.
Class 10 u3 only In them no greater than 32gb