Swamp People

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
On Right Now!!! also , probably going to make the first run on my Longtail motor this weekend as the river is Finally normal.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I haven’t watched it in forever but I do follow Bruce Mitchell on FB. It’s actally really interesting. He does a lot fb live posts. Everything from him showing how to extract the honey out of his hives from start to finish, running jug lines for catfish and showing you how he cleans them to here here lately, they’ve been trapping hogs and showing the butchering process. I reckon he must be sponsored blackstone because he also dies a lot of cooking and tells recipes. It’s actually really informative. The way he cleans a catfish is slick as a whistle. He may wear bib overalls with no shirt, but he appears to be really sharp and is a good teacher and explains things really well.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Told my Wife last night "you know what tomorrow is" she said Valentines Day. I said well yeah but more Important it is Swamp people Night!!!!

It is coming on Right now.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The Guist brothers were my favorite I haven't watched since he died they were entertaining
They probably were entertaining on TV but I have a friend that has a lease right next to where they live. He at one time was ready to do them in. They were notorious poachers, when the one brother died that seemed to end that he said.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For context, I grew up in very rural NC. “I” am country.

But, this reminds me of a toothless housewives show. I can’t watch it.

double

Twelve Pointer
I enjoy it but the editing sucks. Different guns, boats, clothes, and gators all during the same fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I view it as just uncomplicated entertainment! We know they're not getting eaten by the lizards and in the end, they'll get the monsters!

What kinda bugs me are the testimonies which happen every show...........Troy says, "what's important are family, helping each other, neighbors, helping each other, helping get rid of children-eating monsters, family, neighbors, helping each other"......etc.

Something else that bugs me is when RJ & J Paul address each other as "bro"........I wouldn't ever call my dad bro! Or maybe they know something about DNA that they haven't told us!! :ROFLMAO:

Hey, I have noticed that Junior got his teeth fixed!! :giggle:

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ok here’s the deal. You set a line for an alligator. You know he’s on there, you see the line moving. Who in there right mind would stick there arm all the way down in the water. Not this guy.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ok here’s the deal. You set a line for an alligator. You know he’s on there, you see the line moving. Who in there right mind would stick there arm all the way down in the water. Not this guy.
Maybe the type of guy that would bump a thread like this up every week?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
and actually the last show was really good. They showed 2 of the guys lengthening their boat my 5 feet. The actually sawed it in half and welded 5 feet of 1/4 inch aluminium to the bottom and sides. Thought that was pretty cool. I look at it mostly for the cool boats.

PG2

Ten Pointer
Don’t forget to add the Cajun pepper into the sealer for the bottom of the boat to keep the marine life off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dumbasses better do something to seal it if they are stupid enough to use a spool gun to weld it with.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LMBO! Seen too many caught without the "Hollywood Effect" to do anything but laugh at these guys. My Sweetie was a lil WVA hickerbilly though, she'd never even seen a live gator, and she loved that show! She'd punch me when I started laughing...she would get pure serious about it! I haven't watched it since....not sure I could.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just curious if anybody on here has every hunted/killed an alligator? I killed one in SC when the season opened several years ago. From my limited experience, the talent that Willy has to hook and kill gators with that hand line and big treble hook is incredible. I agree the show is hollywooded up, but Willy is a bad :donk:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Seen plenty in some of the places I fish but 3 years ago? I anchored in about 3 ft of water in my canoe. I pulled my short line tight and my knot came loose . Dumb me d idnt see the rope wear . I had seen a few gators Earlier but I had had this anchor since 1984....the bottom was muck so I kept sticking my paddle down and probing. When it hit something hard I would reach way down and I got a few pieces of wood out etc but about the 5th time doing this i see about 15 ft away a 8 - 10 fter staring at me. Needless to say that swamp still has my anchor.