Swamp People

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Swamp People begins its 10th season tonight. 9pm. I would not miss it even if UNC was on.
For real? UNC games are so much more fun to discuss! Seriously, I never got into it, but I never really gave it much of a chance. Maybe I'll see what they have going on tonight. Must be something to it if they've made it ten seasons.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You mean closing their eyes when they shoot, and having one gun at the start of a scene and a different one at the end?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
For real? UNC games are so much more fun to discuss! Seriously, I never got into it, but I never really gave it much of a chance. Maybe I'll see what they have going on tonight. Must be something to it if they've made it ten seasons.
I just like seeing those mudmotors and Jon boats booking it through the swamp.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I love the water splash when they shoot. Slow motion at its best. I wonder if they shoot the gator with the second shot since they missed on the first.

CarolinaReaper

"That's not a tree shaker, that's a tree breaker!!"

I love the water splash when they shoot. Slow motion at its best. I wonder if they shoot the gator with the second shot since they missed on the first.

I often wonder the same thing. I know it's all the PC crap as to why we can't see the actual shot. But yeah, looks like they intentionally hit the water.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
I still can’t believe they’ve trained the gators to record the fight and kill from their side of it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Do they ever kill mammoth gators on that show? Or just always lead up to it and then go to commercial?

I must admit, the boats and where they use them are pretty cool.

But I want to see 14 + footers hooked and caught. Not 9's and 10's.

Very surprised this show has lasted that long. I didn't think I knew anyone who watched it regularly. Heck, I have even missed a few (actually maybe 1 or 2) episodes Deadliest Catch over it's span.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I haven’t watch much. Gave up when they shook lines to get gators to fight for camera, had drama, and called every 7-8’ gator a 12’+ monster.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I enjoy it when its on...But if you've seen one or two you've seen most of them.

Gator comes up, bang, in the boat.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I enjoy it when its on...But if you've seen one or two you've seen most of them.

Gator comes up, bang, in the boat.

It's reality TV. People are not watching it for the shooting of the alligator. They're watching it for the interaction between the people in the show. For example, last night you're watching for the inevitable injury to occur because a new person doesn't want to wear boots.

Personally, I find it funny when they have to put subtitles in for everything Troy says. I also miss the old bearded brothers squirrel hunting adventures (forget their names, one of them died).

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
I used to LOVE that show. But like mentioned, its the same thing over and over and over and over.....

I'll give it a shot tonight, if I remember.

witler

Eight Pointer
My 9 year old son really likes it so we watch it together. We also watch Moonshiners together. I thought my wife was gonna kill me a couple months ago when he said “Dad, we need to make a run of liquor so I can make some money”.
That's worth a chuckle, should be moved to "Laughter is best medicine.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
My 9 year old son really likes it so we watch it together. We also watch Moonshiners together. I thought my wife was gonna kill me a couple months ago when he said “Dad, we need to make a run of liquor so I can make some money”.
Yeah, I tried again last night. Not for me, but I can see how a 9 year old would enjoy it. Makes perfect sense that it would be 142s favorite show.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
It's reality TV. People are not watching it for the shooting of the alligator. They're watching it for the interaction between the people in the show. For example, last night you're watching for the inevitable injury to occur because a new person doesn't want to wear boots.

Personally, I find it funny when they have to put subtitles in for everything Troy says. I also miss the old bearded brothers squirrel hunting adventures (forget their names, one of them died).
The Guist brothers were my favorite I haven't watched since he died they were entertaining

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I enjoy the show. The camaraderie and there's just something relaxing about it. Definitely more genuine than watching the Robinsons, that was just too much.

I maybe slightly bias as I never bought a Duck Commander gun but I do have a Choot' Em :)

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah, I tried again last night. Not for me, but I can see how a 9 year old would enjoy it. Makes perfect sense that it would be 142s favorite show.

Nice try NR.....like I have said when you try to ridicule someone it means you have low self esteem and do that to bring yourself up. Also, I never said it was my favorite show. ;)

Talk to a professional and most people who ridicule others do have low self esteem.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
as to last nights show it certainly was not what i would of expected for the first show of the year. Hopefully the next one is better.