SW FLA

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Heading down to the Ft Meyers area for a quick turn and burn soon and will have 1 day to fish. Looking for recommendations as to what to target, Head boat or charter is not out of the question. I think it is a bit early for the giant tarpon run in Port Charlotte harbor. I know the area fairly well and have spent countless days fishing from area beaches and bridges and have had great success. And I'm OK doing that to but would like to try something different.

Thanks in advance. Any info is greatly appreciated.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I might would try a day trip on a head boat of they offer it.............never fished that side, have fished the keys and the tampa area.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Friends that live on pine island outside of ft Myers are reporting great Spanish fishing on the gulf side of sanibel and captiva. It's hit and misss throwing stingsilvers in the surf while walking beaches or pretty sure fire trolling from a boat. Snook fishing is great in the mangroves around pine island but a boat rental or charter is almost a necessity since the matlacha bridge is about the only place you can "get to the fish" without a boat and can get crowded on weekends. I personally have never fished off it since I have a choice of flats boat or 36 express when I go down but it does have a sign saying it is " the fishiest bridge on earth" Or something like that lol.
Off shore the grouper fishing is always good when I go down but is weather dependent too obviously.
Good luck. Bag

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks bag12. I ended up having other commitments and ran down to Sanibel and killed a dozen shrimp by drowning them and repeatedly exposing them to intense sunshine. Got there for the last 2 hours of incoming tide in the middle of the day. Guy at the tackle box said what you said. Thanks for the reply. I caught Snook off that bridge (and a few others!) years ago.