Surprise this morning

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Took the dog with me down to the garden this morning. There was a big doe down there that didn’t run off. She actually came closer to us. Dog went toward her and she took off. We walked around the garden and as I was about to head back up to the house here comes the doe. I figured she had a fawn close. I look down and about 5 ft away there was this little guy curled up.

The dog walked right over it, it never moved and dog never smelled it. Pulled him up the hill and snapped a quick photo. Left quickly to not stress momma out.

Saw the fawn get up and leave with mom an hour or two later.

Attachments

• 8CB06BFE-8725-40E8-ADD8-AD7B2957AAEE.jpeg
    8CB06BFE-8725-40E8-ADD8-AD7B2957AAEE.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 111

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
That's a really nice photo.

Once of more interesting things I witnessed by a doe and her fawn was at the horse farm. The doe would bring the fawn into one of the unused paddocks every day and then head out to feed.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Count back the gestational amount of days and will know when she was need given a day or 2.Im not sure how many days it is.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Stick an apple in his mouth and fire up the grill...thems some fine eating(y)
Reminds me of my college days and a guy that I knew whose dad owned a dairy farm in Appomattox Va where they had a depredation permits for deer. Well we would make trips down to Atlantic beach to fish on Oceana or SSS piers for kings in the summer and he would come down and bring a freshly dispatched spotted deer or two in a cooler and we would cook it whole on one of the charcoal park grills right off the beach. Well there's only so many times you can answer anything biting questions before you get a little jaded. Moms with Kids would stop by coming off the beach: "Smells wonderful....watcha cooking?" us: "Bambi" Mom snatches the children up and storms off.... I know I know but we were in college...