Surprise ending. 9 year old warrior.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I had basically decided my Iowa season was over, but went out on the 9th to shoot a doe for a buddy that wanted meat. I went to a standing corn plot I have right behind my house. I ended up seeing a buck I have 3 years of history with and that has been a ghost. He had apparently been living in the draw right next to my house. I still had my archery tag so the next night, the last day of the season, I went back and sat a blind closer to where he was coming out. He made the mistake of doing the same thing 2 days in a row. Tagged out on the last day. It’s been a good 2019 so far.
f051c7a4178cbbc4c435528e13de2234.jpg

86f480299f7973303686e07d78b93a1f.jpg

da0309a7184cc9744712dff28d624fa5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
was he injured on the opposite side of the misshapen antler? He looks to have some age on him for sure. Congrads.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
was he injured on the opposite side of the misshapen antler? He looks to have some age on him for sure. Congrads.
Not that I can tell. He has looked virtually Identical for all three years I have hunted the farm. Either it was an old injury that had long since healed, or he just had goofy genetics.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That type of antler growth is often the result of a deer being blinded on the opposite side, I've killed and had others kill deer that had similar misshapen antlers due to that specific injury. I think it happens a lot to bucks fighting.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
That type of antler growth is often the result of a deer being blinded on the opposite side, I've killed and had others kill deer that had similar misshapen antlers due to that specific injury. I think it happens a lot to bucks fighting.
I have seen that too. This one isn't blind though. It will be interesting to see if I can find anything abnormal when i skin him out today.