Surf Fishing With Live Shrimp - Beautiful Speckled Trout!

lukedh94

Button Buck
If anyone is new to saltwater fishing or is bringing along someone that may get bored easily then I suggest picking up some live shrimp! I'm pretty sure just about every fish in the ocean can't resist a yummy live shrimp and you'll be catching fish just about every cast! Figured I'd share this for anyone that may be new to surf/saltwater fishing and wants to find an easy way to get on some fish!

Good luck!

lukedh94

Button Buck
Hey guys,

Wanted to put a quick tutorial together showing some tips on using live shrimp as bait with saltwater fishing. Live shrimp is without a doubt one of the best baits to be using in saltwater. It'll catching just about any species you'll encounter and provides non-stop action! It's a great way to fish for beginners or for kids because it really is one of the best ways to target fish and it'll provide a ton of fun!

Thanks!

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I never thought about popping corks in the surf.
About 20 years ago we were surf fishing somewhere on HI, probably in the Buxton area. Family pulls up next to us, and within a few minutes the kids were catching very nice sea mullet on cane poles with orange floats, just like the gear you would use in a pond. They were using sand fleas for bait. This was obviously not their first time.