Surf fishing Boards.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
So for the guys that surf fish and drive on the beach what do you carry for boards?
Always carried some 2x6 sections maybe 3 foot long but was looking at maybe going to plywood to cut down on thickness or even some of the plastic boards they sell on line. Aluminum bend too much and somewhat high priced for what they get used. Never used them much in the past other than to help move campers stuck and blocking the back road or ramps. Did need them on mine last fall in some really soft sand trying to turn too much. Factory tires did not like it much. They were not much count anyways, did not have a good shape aired down being load range E.
Has anyone tried anything different with good luck?

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Typically dont carry anything but a shovel. I have used the carpet door mat to the camper in a pinch one time. I saw someone who had some plastic sand recovery boards.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Typically dont carry anything but a shovel. I have used the carpet door mat to the camper in a pinch one time. I saw someone who had some plastic sand recovery boards.
The old guys always carried them so in this case I just followed in the path they did.
Boards of some type are a must if you are ever faced with changing a tire in the sand to support the jack. Yep, a good long handle shovel is also a must have. I like the square head.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Not always! I watched a guy just dig a hole out from under his wheel and change his tire. It was pretty impressive.

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
I have two 2x8-53” boards that are bed dividers that would double if needed. In my jack box is; bottle jack, 4 way lug wrench, rubber mat for knees and two pieces glue lam beam 12x12-2” thick for jack support. Also carry 2 military surplus shovels if need to dig out, or the “pain” hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
I carry an old handicapped parking sign for my jack base, a high lift and a shovel. Never had a need for boards.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I just carry a small (maybe 8" x 8") piece of plywood for the jack stand, and a two foot square piece of industrial carpet, and 2 entrenching tools. One is a loaner. All that stuff takes up practically no space.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
For extraction I carry pieces of rubber retread material about 6' long and/or flat rubber reinforced mats about 3/8" in thick by 12" wide and 6' long. And always an E-tool of some sort.

Edit: Find and old bed mat and cut strips out of it. That's how I sourced mine.

<>< Fish