Suppressor question

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Pardon if the terminology is wrong. I’m wanting to get a suppressor. I’m familiar with the process of obtaining one so that’s not my question.
I want to know if there are any drawbacks or perforformance issues with a suppressor that’s built into the barrel vs a suppressor that screws into the end of the barrel. All I want is suppressed 22. I like the looks of the CZ’s and the M77/22.

.22 is a dirty round and most of the .22 suppressors can be disassembled and cleaned due to that fact. Some manufacturers suggest cleaning as often as 300 rds. I'd go with one I can easily disassemble and clean.

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
To me the drawback of a built in suppressor for a 22lr is the cleaning aspect. Some companies have a design with this in mind, and that would be my route if I went that way.

I like having a can I am able to detach and re-attach to multiple hosts. Always go with stainless steel innards or titanium if it's affordable. It will make cleaning easier. I'd steer away from aluminum monocore's or k-baffles. You'll never notice the additional 3-3.5 ounces of weight. My favorite rimfire can is the DeadAir Mask. It's served me many seasons in the squirrel timber.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
One of the easiest to clean rimfire suppressors is the Surefire SF Ryder. It is also very light and quiet. Combine it with the new CCI CLEAN .22LR and you will be doing a lot more shooting than cleaning. And I'd much rather have a detachable suppressor than an integral one for the ease of cleaning and ability to have multiple host using the same suppressor.

<>< Fish

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
It’s purely an aesthetics thing to me. I’m not a rifle shooter, not really even a “plinker”, I can just about guarantee this will be the only one I own. Just hate the look of a “can” on the end of the barrel. Rather have a nice wood/blue bolt gun that to most, would appear as nothing more than a bull barrel. I just don’t want to regret it if it’s going to be a pain in the ass to clean.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
It’s purely an aesthetics thing to me. I’m not a rifle shooter, not really even a “plinker”, I can just about guarantee this will be the only one I own. Just hate the look of a “can” on the end of the barrel. Rather have a nice wood/blue bolt gun that to most, would appear as nothing more than a bull barrel. I just don’t want to regret it if it’s going to be a pain in the ass to clean.

CZ 452 Varmint, have the barrel threaded and cut back to 16"-18" and run a suppressor on it. Blued, walnut, conventional looking overall length, CZ quality/accuracy and an easy to clean can.

<>< Fish

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
You might want to run a varmint contour barrel and that way the can blends in with the rifle barrel diameter.

3341a6e34e84b34964632a7b8df7ffc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
Between me and my wife we probably have 15 suppressors. Here is what I can tell you..
A .22 can is the absolute best choice for a first suppressor. Why? Becuase you can shoot it the most, and your can shoot it the quietest. By that I mean .22 is the cheapest ammo and also there are tons of subsonic rounds out there for it. Pretty much anything that is match grade is subsonic. Anything under 1,100 fps. We shoot CCI Standard Velocity alot.

Here is the other thing. we probably shoot somewhere around 3,000 rounds before we clean ours. To clean them every 300 rounds is laughable. Just get something that you can clean with "the dip"...

Personally I am a big fan of the Silencerco Spectre II. We also have the newer Switchback and its a pretty cool can too however you said you weren't a fan of the look of a can so thats definitely not the one for you.

Get you a gun with a bull barrel on it and it will blend right in. I think my Volquartsen barrels are the exact same diameter of the spectre II suppressor.

I guess to answer your actual question though. I would highly suggest a regulard suppressor. Not an intergral one especiallyyyyy for your first and probably only can.

Oh yea... And based on what you said about CZ and M77, you should also check out the Tikka T1x