Supply Chain Issues On Everything - We are screwed- Need a truck

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
The furniture market is equally insane. My folks wanted to replace a recliner. The sales person said it would likely be cheaper and faster to find someone who can refurbish it. They were quoted 8 months lead time and 2X the sticker price from 2021 to 2022. It's getting really hard out there.

What really bumps me is my brother and others keeps saying the doesn't see any problems. "I don't have any issues getting stuff, this is all overblown by the media to make Biden look bad." I asked him to work one week at my job and then make that statement.

HotSoup

Twelve Pointer
The furniture market is equally insane. My folks wanted to replace a recliner. The sales person said it would likely be cheaper and faster to find someone who can refurbish it. They were quoted 8 months lead time and 2X the sticker price from 2021 to 2022. It's getting really hard out there.

What really bumps me is my brother and others keeps saying the doesn't see any problems. "I don't have any issues getting stuff, this is all overblown by the media to make Biden look bad." I asked him to work one week at my job and then make that statement.

There are 2 types that voted for Biden

Those who have their heads in the sand
Those who live in a fairy land and I question their sanity

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
Might not be what you are looking for but RD Sawyer Ford in Manteo has had a new F-250 diesel sitting on the lot for about a week or two. It has 6.5’ bed.

Last edited:

agsnchunt

Twelve Pointer
I know a salesperson who works at a nearby Ford stealership. Asked about trucks..really don't have any and are offering to by back trucks like I've read here. Told me a Mustang had just sold for more than $20,000 over sticker price(can't remember actual numbers). Some IDIOT paid 90 some thousand dollars for a Mustang.

they won’t stop calling about my F150

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Dealers selling at MSRP. People willing to pay above MSRP. I see a money making opportunity. Back up the car carrier.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
Been trying to find a new 3/4 ton truck for a month. I buy alot of vehicles for business/tax reasons, This is INSANE. There are NONE to be bought anywhere
We are screwed as a country if we don't get this supply chain thing under control soon and control this inflation. I just dont see how this is sustainable. When you run a business that relies on xyz part or equipment and there are none to be had for months or years, what does the business do?

Any Ford or Ram dealers here?
Partspimp here has an almost new ford with the Godzilla engine for sale.,, let me know if you need his contact info

For sale 2021 f250 lariat with 7,000 miles. 7.3 Godzilla engine. $$67,000

Serious inquiries only!

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I'm feeling left out,,, NO ONE calls about my F-150s,,,,

sigh,,,,,

Wonder why...the boondoggle legend, who knows how to "patch" necessary small parts for vehicle to operate, posts really nice pictures of the terrain..that sad(did that on purpose..lmbo) vehicle has to egress through, across, over(there's a difference)...and keeps on trucking(🙂). Maybe...Ford advertising is in your future. 🤣 Well...more boondogglin is more likely.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I might take out a loan just to get Parts Pimp and MoBucks just to start posting regular here again!
And that got a reply from Dan Apple, who only USED to posts headless pics of big bucks.

Might need to open up the Thursday night chatroom again soon.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Isn't one f them new?

I'll gve them your number if you want. 🤣

new to me, yes,,, bought it on Oct 4 with 17,000 miles,,, I try to not buy new off the lot,,,due to how I drive
she has 26,000 now,,,and hasn't been driven since 21 Nov,,,

been resting her since I got back from Texas/Louisiana boondoggle,, she's only for trips beyond NC/SC,,,

Old Betsy just ran over 336,000,,,

no need for number,,, my trucks are here till they die

nckeith

Ten Pointer
My new f250 came in and I ordered it in July.
I am trading in diesel f250 with 73000 miles. In the interest of full disclosure I’m getting 4k less on trade than I paid 5 years ago. December 2016. So $65 a month depreciation.

I’m picking up the new f250 tremor platinum Monday morning with 7.3.
If someone here really needs a diesel in pristine shape with a transferable ford 2 years and 50k left on the warranty, I’d be happy to talk. Oil changes every 7500 miles and fuel filters every 15k.
I don’t think you’d want to pay me what the dealership is willing, but it’s available asap with title in hand if it would really help someone out.

Attachments

• 9172102D-20C2-4D46-B621-E6687820D918.jpeg
    9172102D-20C2-4D46-B621-E6687820D918.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 33

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My new f250 came in and I ordered it in July.
I am trading in diesel f250 with 73000 miles. In the interest of full disclosure I’m getting 4k less on trade than I paid 5 years ago. December 2016. So $65 a month depreciation.
That’s crazy. They used to depreciate $4k when you drove off the lot. One reason why buying new makes a lot more sense now than it used to.

agsnchunt

Twelve Pointer
new to me, yes,,, bought it on Oct 4 with 17,000 miles,,, I try to not buy new off the lot,,,due to how I drive
she has 26,000 now,,,and hasn't been driven since 21 Nov,,,

been resting her since I got back from Texas/Louisiana boondoggle,, she's only for trips beyond NC/SC,,,

Old Betsy just ran over 336,000,,,

no need for number,,, my trucks are here till they die

I like that. I thought my Exploder was a keeper but we ran out of room. She went to a good home with 216,000 on the clock.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
That’s crazy. They used to depreciate $4k when you drove off the lot. One reason why buying new makes a lot more sense now than it used to.
Well the deal was completed this morning. Had a few more offers of higher prices from local dealerships, but the sales tax difference of trading plus convenience of transferring plates, I came out great. $4,000 depreciation for 60 months.
Plus they honored X plan and a 2000 rebate I had emailed to me.
Came out of pocket less than the price of a beater on the new platinum tremor with 7.3.
This is highly unusual and will probably and hopefully never happen again in my lifetime.
strange days in the car world.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, never assume... My Dad decided once that he wanted a Cadillac, so visited a dealer about 50 miles away, wearing his work attire. Found one he liked and asked the salesman the price, as it wasn't listed. The reply was in the tune of "if you have to ask that, you can't afford it". Well, that definitely wasn't the reply for dad, as although he was frugal, money was most definitely not an issue. So, he informed the salesman of his intent to buy the dealership for the sole purpose of firing his arse and walked away. No, he did not follow through, but could have. Just went to another dealer and paid cash for a new car...
I have a funny (but true) story of a NASCAR owner and a bank president rolling up to a Ferrari dealership in a rented station wagon (wood trim and all) and buying a rare Ferrari with an American Express card :ROFLMAO: . They were on a golf trip, in FL.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thought I would bring this one back up. For the first time in 2+ years it appears that we are turning the supply corner in the Technology world. Demand is still high but has softened a bit, but the supply side seems to have improved rather dramatically and quickly. In the last 3 months ended in June, I could only ship about half of what my customers ordered. It appears that in the current qtr, I will be able to ship all the backlog + most anything else they may need by the end of September IF I have the orders by around Sept. 7... so not quite back to an old school 10 business day lead time for custom configurations but a far cry better than the 13 to 20 weeks we have been seeing.

Read about reatailers starting to put things on sale due to inventory concerns as well.

Was always worried about the whiplash. We have been ordering parts so far out in front of when they are needed that it was bound to bite us when supply improved and demand slowed, even a little. Those hard orders are coming whether you need the stuff now or not.

Southern

Ten Pointer
Thought I would bring this one back up. For the first time in 2+ years it appears that we are turning the supply corner in the Technology world. Demand is still high but has softened a bit, but the supply side seems to have improved rather dramatically and quickly. In the last 3 months ended in June, I could only ship about half of what my customers ordered. It appears that in the current qtr, I will be able to ship all the backlog + most anything else they may need by the end of September IF I have the orders by around Sept. 7... so not quite back to an old school 10 business day lead time for custom configurations but a far cry better than the 13 to 20 weeks we have been seeing.

Read about reatailers starting to put things on sale due to inventory concerns as well.

Was always worried about the whiplash. We have been ordering parts so far out in front of when they are needed that it was bound to bite us when supply improved and demand slowed, even a little. Those hard orders are coming whether you need the stuff now or not.
What do you sell?

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What do you sell?
Computers, specifically high end PCs used for technical and scientific applications. AutoCad, Medical Imaging, Architecture and Product design, visualization and rendering, simulation and modeling, movie making, etc.

Edit: I will say that we were among the first to see the supply chain problems, even before COVID demand was already outpacing supply cap. increases in our industry so the fact that we are recovering first also makes sense. That said here is one of the articles I read on Retailers having an inventory problem.

Last edited:

Southern

Ten Pointer
My f250 was supposed to be built second week of May. Have not seen it yet. Not sure much is getting better in alot of areas.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My f250 was supposed to be built second week of May. Have not seen it yet. Not sure much is getting better in alot of areas.
yea, like I said I was quoting customer 13 to 20 weeks 3 months ago.. today I am quoting 2 to 3 weeks on most products... still pockets of problems even as we recover.. I expect a similar turn in other industries in due course.. we are starting to fear too much inventory.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
In my industry (Generator and Diesel Fuel Equipment) the lead times continue to grow. Most folks can't find a Tier 4 2000kW generator and lead times for new are 18-24 months. To get a NEMA Weather Rated cabinet fabricated and powder coated takes like 30 weeks. Production queues are crazy and the industry is growing so there's no end in sight. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

The weird thing I keep asking is where are all the people who seem to have disappeared. There's no waiters, bartenders, production people, sales people, even staff, etc. Where have all the people gone?

HotSoup

Twelve Pointer
In my industry (Generator and Diesel Fuel Equipment) the lead times continue to grow. Most folks can't find a Tier 4 2000kW generator and lead times for new are 18-24 months. To get a NEMA Weather Rated cabinet fabricated and powder coated takes like 30 weeks. Production queues are crazy and the industry is growing so there's no end in sight. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

The weird thing I keep asking is where are all the people who seem to have disappeared. There's no waiters, bartenders, production people, sales people, even staff, etc. Where have all the people gone?

They have gone full time to the govt tit. Instead of having things they are content sitting around scraping by while we pay for it

Southern

Ten Pointer
They have gone full time to the govt tit. Instead of having things they are content sitting around scraping by while we pay for it
Please help me understand this. Other than the usual welfare class people that have always lived on sunsidized housing, healthcare and food, how are middle class workees who have disappeared getting paid today by the govt? I keep hearing this but I dont understand the math on how they are getting paid by the govt