Super Bowl

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Sky Screamers are upset the Pats won and that Maroon5 didn't fellate Kapernick during the halftime show.

All and all I'm glad I didn't watch.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Didn't watch it either...was piddling around with photos....glad to hear the Pats took it

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Hahaha. 3-0 in the third quarter.

Honestly, I expected when I woke up it to be like a 21-24 final score, I'm laughing that it was 16 total points. Laughing at the NFL. You reap what you sow.

I cooked, ate, and went to bed. Never saw or heard a blip of the game or concert.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Had to work so didn't get to glance at it but when I seen score surprised been hearing defense was dead in pro ball something musta changed

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I actually watched it and it was a game that reminded me of the old days when strong defenses dominated the game. It certainly wasn't the entertainment factor that so many arm chair QBs want (high scoring/flashy plays), but a real, in the trenches, earn it type game. Hats off to both defenses. It was fun to watch the strategies of both defensive coordinators.

MtnMan

Eight Pointer
Julian Edelman made fools out of the Ram's secondary. That white boy has got some moves. No wonder the call him The Jewel .

Shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I actually watched it and it was a game that reminded me of the old days when strong defenses dominated the game. It certainly wasn't the entertainment factor that so many arm chair QBs want (high scoring/flashy plays), but a real, in the trenches, earn it type game. Hats off to both defenses. It was fun to watch the strategies of both defensive coordinators.
It really came down to just a handful of critical plays. The Patriots had 2 huge sacks.....one knocking the rams outof potential field goal range. Gronks catch is one of the biggest plays of the game. Without that catch the game ends 10 to 3 as the Pats probably only get a FG.

The defensive strategy by the pats shutdown one of the best offenses and vice versa. Slow but tactitcal was the way of the game.

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
I thought it was an exciting game. Rams defense has nothing to be ashamed of.

My only gripe is the same one....I like the old NFL better. I don't think slot receivers could dominate back then. Passes over the middle almost always resulted in a highlight reel hit.

TE's went over the middle. Slot receivers did at their own risk. I remember one of Warren Moon's Oiler receivers getting his nose broken on MNF against the Eagles in the early 90's.

And those long passes over the middle just beneath the safety....the defenders now essentially just wait to tackle if they can't deflect it. Good god is that boring. More like a pillow fight with a brownie troupe and weebalows.

the Rams got a personal foul call on targeting a defenseless receiver on what was a glorified hand off in the backfield. Wasn't even a KO hit. The rule shouldn't apply to passes in the backfield, for crying out loud.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My dad would have loved that type of game.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Reactions: dpc