Super A tire change

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Does anyone know about how much getting 2 new rear tires for a farmall super a would run? It is sitting on a flat now and the tires are looking rough. Passed down to me when my papa passed and I have little to no resources to do this job myself.

Considered taking the tractor to someone and having them do it all at once as opposed to taking the wheel off and carrying it somewhere. if anyone has any recommendations on a shop around Robbins/price guesstimates please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's been probably 12-15 years ago, but I went to a local tractor repair place and made a deal with the owner for some used tires for mine, then got a local tire shop to put them on and fill with with water/antifreeze. I don't remember the cost, but it was significantly cheaper than new tires, and they were plenty good enough for my use. Still have them on the tractor today.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Ask B&B if ya bring the tires, will they mount them?
I got mine off Amazon for about 1/2 price what they wanted...ended up having Tim at Hobarts at Crutchfield Crossroads mount them...had them delivered to Tim......and he came to the farm to do it all, I never had to touch them.

double

Twelve Pointer
Biscoe BP will do them as well. The cost will shock you on tractor tires so be ready and take a tub of vasoline with you

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I spoke to b&b. 275 for tires from them, 35 dollars for tubes and 45 to mount each one.
After doing some reading I may be able to use the current tires and just replace the tubes. They’re cracked or “weather checked?” but tread life is ok for all I need it for.

Thanks for the comments guys

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ask B&B if ya bring the tires, will they mount them?
I got mine off Amazon for about 1/2 price what they wanted...ended up having Tim at Hobarts at Crutchfield Crossroads mount them...had them delivered to Tim......and he came to the farm to do it all, I never had to touch them.

If I knew what size to get I’d do that, I’ll see if i can tell what’s on it now

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If I knew what size to get I’d do that, I’ll see if i can tell what’s on it now

9.5x24 if you have 8" wide rims (old tires were 9x24)..........if you have 9" or 10" wide rims 11.2x24 (old tires were 10x24)

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Last edited:

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No clue if it's true but someone told me a while back that Agrisupply would mount the tire for free if you bought it from them. They probably carry the size you are looking for may be worth the call and ride up to Garner.