Sunday public lands

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
I can’t find it in the regs. Help please.

Can I hunt squirrel w a .22 on Sunday’s on public land? (assuming they’re still in season)

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

sure - bolding added so you can see it

page 54, first column, third main section right after "Definition of Take" and "Season Dates"

General Restrictions​
• Lawful seasons and bag limits for each species apply beginning with the first day of the listed season and continuing through the last day of the listed season, including Sundays for private lands, with Sunday hunting restrictions listed in the next paragraph.​
It’s unlawful to hunt on Sundays on public lands, except that military installations under the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal government may allow hunting on Sundays.​

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
sure - bolding added so you can see it

page 54, first column, third main section right after "Definition of Take" and "Season Dates"

General Restrictions​
• Lawful seasons and bag limits for each species apply beginning with the first day of the listed season and continuing through the last day of the listed season, including Sundays for private lands, with Sunday hunting restrictions listed in the next paragraph.​
It’s unlawful to hunt on Sundays on public lands, except that military installations under the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal government may allow hunting on Sundays.​
Mighta been a crease in the page on his copy. :p

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
We thought that was the case. But looking online during talking, drinks, and kids fighting, yielded nothing.

Yeah, I used the easy button which I really try not to do very often.

Just trying to come up w a date to go out and wanted to verify (100% knew the deer regs but wasn’t sure if small game differed)

Thanks, folks!!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There are some public lands that are not GL that it is legal to hunt on Sunday. You just need to be careful that it isn’t GL

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
We thought that was the case. But looking online during talking, drinks, and kids fighting, yielded nothing.

Yeah, I used the easy button which I really try not to do very often.

Just trying to come up w a date to go out and wanted to verify (100% knew the deer regs but wasn’t sure if small game differed)

Thanks, folks!!

Other thing to keep an eye out for is regs specific to each game land. There’s the General game land regs, but then each game land is also listed individually because some have rules that others do not.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Other thing to keep an eye out for is regs specific to each game land. There’s the General game land regs, but then each game land is also listed individually because some have rules that others do not.
Yes, this almost bit me years ago on Sheron Harris. I had shot a "doe" only to discover one antler about the size of my pinky. I called him in, and discovered the next day, by talking to another hunter that "doe days" on this gameland were different than the rest of the eastern zone. I've always wondered what would have happened if I called in a doe. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Yes, this almost bit me years ago on Sheron Harris. I had shot a "doe" only to discover one antler about the size of my pinky. I called him in, and discovered the next day, by talking to another hunter that "doe days" on this gameland were different than the rest of the eastern zone. I've always wondered what would have happened if I called in a doe. Looks like I dodged a bullet.
Yup exactly. I almost did the same thing during the opening week of first dove season. Got halfway there and something told me to double check regs. Pulled over and looked and sure enough I needed a permit (which I didn’t have) for that week

shadycove

Twelve Pointer

Can I hunt squirrel w a .22 on Sunday’s on public land? (assuming they’re still in season)

Thx

Go to the NCWRC website and enter your comments on Sunday hunting on selected Game Lands in NC.
The comment period ends soon so if you want to hunt on GLs on Sunday, you need to let the Wildlife Commission know it.
Spread this to all your contacts.

nettereo16

Six Pointer
Go to the NCWRC website and enter your comments on Sunday hunting on selected Game Lands in NC.
The comment period ends soon so if you want to hunt on GLs on Sunday, you need to let the Wildlife Commission know it.
Spread this to all your contacts.
yes please (not to get into a sunday hunting debate) but please submit comments if you would like increased access

Status
Not open for further replies.