Sunday Funday 3-29-20

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The whole family went Saturday, and we struggled to catch fish. We ended up with about a dozen or better for an old coworker to eat.
My youngest thinks he's Bill Dance and it is very aggravating while the rest of us are bream fishing. His mouth almost got him Baptized in the Trent River. No pics from Saturday.

Sunday, me and the oldest went back. We ran down the Neuse and went up into Fairfeild Harbor. Caught maybe 5-6 fish in there while fighting the wind. Left there and went to a spot off of the Trent river that we looked at Saturday but didn't fish. I wasn't expecting much but a few small speckle robins, but what we hit the jackpot. We started fishing and we were dragging in the little fish that I figured we would and then a decent fish every now and then. We fished on, got around a corner and BAM, a Bass, probably 2-2.5 pounds, on a 11 ft bream buster. That was fun. Then a few more bream and then a smaller bass. Then we hit a hole that had some of the biggest crappie in it that I've ever caught. We caught about 6 out of there. My oldest has a problem that he doesn't know how to handle yet. He tied in to one of those big crappie and I looked back and he put that 2nd hand on the pole and when he did, the cork hit him in the face.

I was getting hungry and it was getting close to the time that we needed to leave any way, but we're fishing, minding our own business down in the water, and we hear a car coming our way, then we hear him sliding across the pavement, then it sounded like he caught up with it, then it went sliding across the pavement, then gravel, then pinestraw, and when I looked up, I saw him when he hit a oak tree. He ended up about 25 yards from where we were at. It happened so quick, we wouldn't had time to do anything if those trees weren't there. He appeared to be alright. I don't know what he was doing, but he was on a dead end road. Anyway, after that, we went home.

pics to follow

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Nice, get the youngest a fly rod . Nothing like a kid in the back of the boat with a fly rod. Wish I had a dollar for every cuss word my dad said back then.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Nice, get the youngest a fly rod . Nothing like a kid in the back of the boat with a fly rod. Wish I had a dollar for every cuss word my dad said back then.
me too. his flyrod was just long enough to reach me in our jonboat. shoddy casting on my part was liable to result in cussing plus a whack. Just to make sure i was paying attention. :)

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
My dad was a die hard brim buster guy so I had to get my mom to buy me a fly rod. I was also self taught in the proper way to use one. After a few wasp nest and hitting him in the head I no longer owned a fly rod and for some reason mom wouldn't buy me another one.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I would not let Miles take the flyrod. It was more of his mouth than anything. 12 years old and thinks he knows it all!!!!!

I remember fishing with my father when I was about Matthew's age (14). Man, talk about good times, I hope he enjoys this as much as I did.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I would not let Miles take the flyrod. It was more of his mouth than anything. 12 years old and thinks he knows it all!!!!!

I remember fishing with my father when I was about Matthew's age (14). Man, talk about good times, I hope he enjoys this as much as I did.
Fond memories, he may not think so now but will one day. I would give up everything I own for one more day in River bend with my dad . We went through a lot of crickets there back years ago.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Fond memories, he may not think so now but will one day. I would give up everything I own for one more day in River bend with my dad . We went through a lot of crickets there back years ago.

The Condo Hole and the Sand Pit. Sunday was up the F ditch.

Like you said, anything for one more time!!!!!!!!!