Sundance DX20

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Anybody on here have either the B or DX model Sundance that can give me the pros and cons. My wife and I are heavily considering the DX20 but i'm not sure the DX model is worth the extra cost. Are there any advantages to having the full liner other than looks? How well does this skiff perform in chop compared to other skiffs?

Thanks in advance for any input!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I love my Sundance. I have the B22 with a 115 Suzuki on it. It rides good for a skiff style boat. How it compares to a Carolina Skiff as far as ride, I cannot say. The DX22 comes with 2 live wells, where mine only has 1. It is very stable. My fat :donk:donk:donk can stand on the side and not worry about falling off.

The interior of the DX looks pretty, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money. I would suggest going with the 22' boat. The extra 1 foot between the seat and the back platform is well worth it.

If you want to ride in mine, just let me know and we'll go put it in the water.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Great input and thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that so my wife can understand how one rides. I like the 22' but just have to look at the numbers to see if it's doable. Is the 115hp enough for that boat or do you wish you had more?

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
the 115 will push my boat on slick water up to 41 mph. it's enough. do I wish I had more, yes at times. If I went with the DX, I would put the 150 on it. it rides the best at about 27 mph.

One other thing. the 20ft boat you can put on a single axle trailer. You can put the 22 on a single axle, but it will ride better on a dual axle. With you being in Johnston County, you're like me, you're going to pull it some where, unless you have a place to leave it.

Last edited: