Summer/Tropical Thread 2020

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
I think this is the first storm to come through here and us not lose power. It never even flickered that I know of. Blew a little bit and tide was maybe 3' above normal for a few hours but that was about it.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Icon model already sniffing out another storm in the next 3 to 4 days developing mid way in the atlantic......gonna be alot of tracking this year.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Yesterday while working in a small building in JoCo, was probably the closest I've been to a lightning strike in over 10 years. You know when the power goes out before the thunder claps it's close!
Be careful with that. Two gentleman in Wilmington were killed yesterday by lightning; they were my In-laws neighbors three houses away.

gr_andrews

Button Buck
Contributor
Be careful with that. Two gentleman in Wilmington were killed yesterday by lightning; they were my In-laws neighbors three houses away.

I saw that come across. The lightning was insane that morning. They really shouldn’t have been cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Yesterday while working in a small building in JoCo, was probably the closest I've been to a lightning strike in over 10 years. You know when the power goes out before the thunder claps it's close!

Were you working on Grifol's site? They had a close hit that took out power.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
They're sniffing again. Icon has a monster off the southeast coast with nowhere to go but towards land. Plenty of time for models to flip flop around but they did pretty darn good with Iseias. This comes from current 98L in the Atlantic

Attachments

• 20200817_234929.jpg
    20200817_234929.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 50

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I read alot on the other website y’all are on.How does 98 not get Pulled into old path of 97?

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I read alot on the other website y’all are on.How does 98 not get Pulled into old path of 97?

It's possible especially if 98L stays weak. The gfs and euro tend to bring it just north of 97L old track and over the big islands. One rule of thumb albeit not a set in stone is that stronger systems will trend North.

This things has 2 vorts fighting for dominance. Which one wins will have an effect on modeling.

double

Twelve Pointer
When the last storm blew threw almost to the mph and landfall that downeast posted 4 days earlier I heard the weather channel say no one could have forecasted this storm like this. I laughed and showed my wife the post forecasting what the weather channel said was impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Really its just getting started and thats the scary part, typically this time frame is when the tropics start to heat up and the long range modeling show lots of large scale features that drive tropical activity are coming together and will coincided with peak hurricane season so the next 7-10 days will be nothing compared to most of Sept and probably into Oct....do not be surprised to see them have to get into the Greek alphabet before the season is over as we round the bend on storm names for only the second time in modern times.