Summer/Tropical Thread 2020

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Long range looks like there could be some tropical threats starting mid month.....then there is also this.....obviously its a little early for these kind of cold snaps to reach the south but this is a stout cold shot for this time of year period.....Sept is the month we usually see the first lows in the 40's possible outside of the mts and foothills......

This also shows that front stalls out in the east this is actually a bad look as this kind of setup means the door is open for a east coast landfall of any hurricanes.

gfs_T2m_ncus_30.png

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I'm just wanting to go to fort fisher and fish next Saturday for a week with no weather issues🤞

I am in the same boat, me and Shaggy have a house with a nice long dock right out into Bogue Sound rented for Friday-Tues this weekend and it looks decent weather wise....

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
The current "wave train" coming coming off Africa is darn impressive and the models all slowly develop one or some of these into a storm or two....the long range wave pattern also suggest these will get well into the SW Atl......so these will probably be the next batch of storms we have to worry with in 12 days or so

the latest Euro low strength and location projection has a lot of trouble on it, its the end result of its ENS plots and thus indicates the most likely locations for the center of these lows....obviously dont focus on any one point but the fact they are all clustered around the SW Atl close to the US is significant....

Euro cluster.png

Wave train

wave train .jpg

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
01ee60568cc7737b631ac6a25c670dfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
From last nights GFS run, the runs today dont show anything like this.....this is more funny that anything especially how they all avoid land due to the massive trough digging in over the central and eastern parts of the US, I would imagine some very cool/cold air with a shot like that....

gfsp_mslp_wind_watl_fh276-384.gif

Clark

Ten Pointer
I'm sure the one off NC will hit, since we will be in AB then. Will make annual 3 vacations in a row.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
The Euro and Icon both like that little system near bermuda so I'd keep an eye out to see of it can start to improve.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I
Im hoping it moves on north since ill be down there this weekend!!

Yeah its gonna be a tricky one IF it does anything at all. New Icon basically keeps it weak until the last 24 hours before landfall then drops it down into the 990s pressure wise.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Icon sticking with a upper 990s tropical storm for next Saturday.

Attachments

• 20200907_175425.jpg
    20200907_175425.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 49

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
At least it won’t be a direct hit for us. Looks like it will be about 5 miles south of us!!!

The more worrisome issue is the 12z EPS getting numerous ensembles with SE threats. It's almos like Paulette and Rene want to pull Florence and fake an out to sea track then get trapped and turned back west.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Probably going to at the least see some rainy weather from this low, if it does manage to organize enough to become a storm it probably wouldnt have time to become much of one.....still the NHC is close to 50/50 this thing having a name when it gets here....

two_atl_5d0.png