• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

Summer Get Together

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I'd like to come, but I don't know if I get the wife and kids to go on a 5 hour drive
We learned to stop every 2-3 hrs at a rest area to let the kid/dog/me walk a bit, have a snack etc. Then in a couple yrs they can go further and further tween stops.

Reactions: RBR

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So I can start planning for next year…… and for others that don’t know the camping/ staying options…… can one of you guys or Conman lay it out

Campers ok? Hookups? Cabins for rent? Obviously tent camping ok…. Bath house?
How’s all that work? Thanks

Dick

Eight Pointer
So I can start planning for next year…… and for others that don’t know the camping/ staying options…… can one of you guys or Conman lay it out

Campers ok? Hookups? Cabins for rent? Obviously tent camping ok…. Bath house?
How’s all that work? Thanks
seems to be a private affair. I kinda get it being a public site.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
By gosh, he's a man of few words , but what he says kind of answered all the questions without any sugar coating on it! Much appreciated
In general, Mike has lots of room down there even if he has to put you out with the bears. :) No hookups or septic for campers and we rarely have had many campers in the past. If you respond early enough you can usually get a spot in one of the guest houses Mike has, but those fill up quick and a preference is given to families and females. There's no charge for the event or lodging but if you attend you are expected to contribute to the food or refreshments and to help clean up afterwards. Personal stashes of beer and wine are allowed but hard liquor is discouraged. Mike, please correct me if I'm wrong or if things have changed.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
seems to be a private affair. I kinda get it being a public site.
Not really. Just rsvp on the attendance thread and bring some food or drinks. Or dessert.

Yea there is a core group that gets together beforehand and sometimes charters a boat on Thurs/Friday. We tip well though. ;)

There's usually a bunch of people that cycle through over the weekend.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've been crashing this private gathering for some 20 odd years. 😉

I will say I have a foggy memory of Mike's dog taking some material out of an unruly guest britches one time..... other then that it's usually the bears and the flies that seem to uninvited guests

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
T
In general, Mike has lots of room down there even if he has to put you out with the bears. :) No hookups or septic for campers and we rarely have had many campers in the past. If you respond early enough you can usually get a spot in one of the guest houses Mike has, but those fill up quick and a preference is given to families and females. There's no charge for the event or lodging but if you attend you are expected to contribute to the food or refreshments and to help clean up afterwards. Personal stashes of beer and wine are allowed but hard liquor is discouraged. Mike, please correct me if I'm wrong or if things have changed.
Thanks Tipmoose…..that helps tremendously!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've been crashing this private gathering for some 20 odd years. 😉

I will say I have a foggy memory of Mike's dog taking some material out of an unruly guest britches one time..... other then that it's usually the bears and the flies that seem to uninvited guests
Yea that guy was totally shady. I hear he was so shook after that experience, Mike didn't even have to rough talk him to get him to leave.

My jeans never recovered, BTW. Vicious beast.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be there Sat all day at least! Was hoping to have Friday and Monday off, but no luck on that. 😔

Dick

Eight Pointer
all good, I just had asked questions before and got no response or the quick vague response. I have organized one for years and realize how out of hand it can get with random dumbocrats stopping in for free handouts. Killed a great thing.

I will plan on making the next event as it is not far from me. Heading North for a charter this weekend. Hope everyone has a good time.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
We about headed East, see some of y’all at OIFC tomorrow, and we’ll see the rest of you Saturday (y)

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
all good, I just had asked questions before and got no response or the quick vague response. I have organized one for years and realize how out of hand it can get with random dumbocrats stopping in for free handouts. Killed a great thing.

I will plan on making the next event as it is not far from me. Heading North for a charter this weekend. Hope everyone has a good time.
Sorry, dude. I just had to ;). This event has been going on for 20 years. The core group started with about 8 of us in a garage in a rain storm. We've been fortunate that we've never really had any "outside" attendance and no one has ever been asked to leave. I had to quit doing a 4th of July thing for the very reason you mentioned, tho. Responses to questions about this thing depends on when you ask. Sometimes it's during our buy season and quick or no response is probable. Sometime others that have attended since the beginning will answer in my stead. They have as much to do with the organization of this thing as I do. I look forward to meeting you next year, Dick.

Oh yeah, if you can't take a ribbing or have thin skin, for God's sake don't show up. This crowd is merciless.

Dick

Eight Pointer
Sorry, dude. I just had to ;). This event has been going on for 20 years. The core group started with about 8 of us in a garage in a rain storm. We've been fortunate that we've never really had any "outside" attendance and no one has ever been asked to leave. I had to quit doing a 4th of July thing for the very reason you mentioned, tho. Responses to questions about this thing depends on when you ask. Sometimes it's during our buy season and quick or no response is probable. Sometime others that have attended since the beginning will answer in my stead. They have as much to do with the organization of this thing as I do. I look forward to meeting you next year, Dick.

Oh yeah, if you can't take a ribbing or have thin skin, for God's sake don't show up. This crowd is merciless.
there's a reason they call me Dick....🤣
very proud too. hahahah
if there wasn't malarkey inwould start to worry more about you folks. There is nothing you can or do that hasn't been done already.😁
I would crash it if I could. Good luck with the fishies tomorrow and let me know how you did. heading out Sunday in Delaware. Biden did not accept my offer of a boat ride, sorry.😈😜😄

it can be a heck of alot of fun with a small core group. we used to pour lead, make lures and plugs, casting demo's, huge raffle and the best food of all different varieties. for too big and fizzled. had to stop making things due to people just filling their bags to last them several seasons. then the walkins looking for a free meal. sad but have many friends from it.

Dick

Eight Pointer
insure hope you have some pool noodles or something out there. We have been dumped on here in gville. 11 inches at a friends in chocowinity since Monday 😬