Summer get together - menu

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Add to this as you will. You've gotta contribute if you intend to partake.

Going to get this started with something new;

crawfish and shrimp low country boil on Saturday
bear sausage for breakfast meals
soft crab

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think I can get Stephanie to fix a pumpkin cake, I'll come up with more stuff to put on a plate, bowl or sumpthin.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I honestly ain't sure yet...I'll either send sumpin smoked with pops or bring something fresh as we'll be in KDH most of the week prior.

I'll have some bobcat most likely, some turkey of some description, and mebbe brussel sprouts or broccoli.

Last edited:

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Surely someone in this crowd has an ice cream maker (hand crank or electric) but I do not recall that we have ever had any on the menu. A batch of fresh peach ice cream would certainly go well with the other fixins.......hint....hint......hint!

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
First-time guy question. It looks like the evening meal is covered pretty well. What about breakfast and lunch? Will there be any community cooking for that, or do you all usually take care of yourselves in the morning and lunch?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
First-time guy question. It looks like the evening meal is covered pretty well. What about breakfast and lunch? Will there be any community cooking for that, or do you all usually take care of yourselves in the morning and lunch?
We start about 7 am and end about midnight.... You see a time to squeeze a breakfast and a lunch in there I'm game ;)

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Well that's Stage 1 complete on the meat, the little pit ran well and the beer was cold... Stage 2 on Mike's grill....stage 3 is up to y'all;)

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Here's what we've got as of now:

queso dip
turkey
peach ice cream
green bean thing
bobcat
broccoli/brussel sprouts
tuna burger sliders
pickled onions
banana pudding
squash, mushrooms, onions
venison and feral pig sausage
wahoo/king for grill
jalapeno poppers
wrapped asparagus
cajun moose pie
turkey nuggets
pumpkin cake
back bacon
crawfish/shrimp low country boil
bear sausage/keilbalsa
soft crabs, drum bites, mahi strips
sausage for gravy and biscuits (Sat. morning breakfast)
bacon
pancakes
paper products

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll do queso dip again this year, it seems that everything else is pretty well covered. Looking forward to being extremely bloated and miserable for at least 2 days. :)
I can bring eggs too, how many dozen do you think we need?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Too early for Jalapeno peppers from the farmers market this year. So they will have to be store bought, with less flavor imho. I'll find something to spicen them up for the folks who like that.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Uuummmm,,,,, @NCST8GUY ,,,,, aren’t you forgetting something???

I’ll give a hint,,it starts with “peanut butter” and ends with “ pie”!!!

?????