Style of hunting clothing/outerwear?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They won't cheap, but they have held up very well. I still have the mask and the gloves to. My buddy said I look like a ninja when I'm hunting,,, I said that's the idea ;)
I've got the Savanna coveralls too. I killed a nice buck the first time I wore them IIRC. I can't wear them until it at least cools down in the 70's though. They have held up. They look pretty much like they did when I got them.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Same coveralls and cheap stuff from 15 years ago. Last year and year prior climbing the valley in -15 temps with 30 mph biting winds and sweating then freezing If I don’t tag the yard 11 or one of the 8s I’m upgrading and I’ll carry bibs in a backpack with merino and maybe light fleece lined climbing pants. Not sure the material but similar to the soft shell coats with fleece lining like Marmot makes. I’ve seen a few higher end pants for hardcore climbers I’m trying to find local. The climbing store in town closed and has been under renovation as a hibachi sushi place. If I get back to the CT site before season I’ll hit up Rock and Ice or whatever the climbing store is in New Paltz at the base of the Gunks. It’s pricey stuff so I’d like to try it on.

I just landed in Iowa for the week. If stuck for 2 I was going to venture up to 8 hours towards Montana but looks like I’ll wrap in 3-4 16+ hr days, afterward I’m taking time off for an extended recovery period and anxious to see the fam so won’t stay if I don’t have to.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Also picked up a new Xbow so might be done early, really stoled it, loaded Tenpoint Stealth SS, pro elite bolts, Broadheads, Lone Wolf with Sit and Climb top, etc. all with tags, $400,

Felt so bad I bought his 1500 rounds of 556 ammo for $50?

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Regardless of what my outerwear choice for the day may be, I’ll probably be wearing silk long johns underneath!!

You hardly know you’re wearing it and it’s a good wicking material. And surprisingly warm!!

Also adds my lumpy fluffy body to the sexy guy roster!!!! ?‍♂️

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
About the only part of me that can't take the cold is my hands. I got a touch of frost bite in em when I was younger and since then I cant take the cold. I carry hand warmers and wear gloves. I often will wear oversized mittens over my gloves that we always called chaps. I also always carry a winter hat with me that most folks around NC call a toboggan. When I lived in maine I rarely wore my winter coat just carried it in my truck. Dressed in layers is really the best advice.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Early season:

Carrhart or Wrangler work pants in green or khaki
Camo shirt, fleece pullover if needed in black or green
Blaze orange Camo ball cap
Face net & gloves if bow hunting on the ground, keeps the bugs away & lowers the shine off the skin
Hiking boots with good socks

Cold:

Long underwear, Under Armour Cold Gear is awesome for really cold days
Same thing over the top that I listed above
Camo coat or Coveralls depending on temp as the outer layer
Beanie & neck/face gaiter if it’s really cold
Gloves—I like a Mechanic’s style glove that fits tight so I can shoot with them on, I can always put my hands in my pocket if it’s really cold
Neoprene “Muck” boots & heavy wool socks

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I usually go with ball cap hat, long sleeve tshirt and light jacket with camo denim style pants until it gets low 30's and below. Then I will switch it up to tobagan, UA cold gear, insulated jacket and insulated bibs with wool socks. I did buy a pair of pants that that have flap that goes up my lower back as that always seems to be the weak spot in my setup, I wear those on those "iffy" cold days... I believe they are made by artic gear??