STUPID society!!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Am I the only one who hate the Deer Society show and their propaganda for black rack and extinguisher call?

I’m sure if I buy one 200” bucks will just appear

It doesn’t help any that several of the hosts have the “prick” factor

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
I hear ya...some of these outdoor show folks kinda rub me the wrong way too. If you compare them to the Busbices though....the D.S. crew might look a little better. :p

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Haha, I'm sure I could call up the same bucks with my 15 year old Primos tube if I hunted the same places as them...... It has called in a BUNCH of good deer...
-------------------------
But, I seriously CANT watch most outdoor TV..... I tried last night.... Some dumb episode in Tx where they were "hunting" Auodad at night over feeders out of the back of a Jeep with nightvision... acting like it was the toughest thing ever

Gimme old episodes of Randy Newberg on Amazon or old MeatEater episodes on Netflix....

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I don't even watch any of that crap anymore. The only two shows I watch are "Meat Eater" and "Fresh Tracks." While we weathering out a thunderstorm in the camper last weekend, I was flipping through the channels and came upon a hunting show called "The Outdoor Option." After watching about 5 minutes of it, I was ready to puke. My wife (who is a non-hunter) found the show gaudy and she said it looked like most of it was staged. She told me to find some Meat Eater to watch!

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
When I was a teenager I would watch a few hunting shows, have multiple magazine subscriptions, and buy a lot of the gimmicks.

Then I realized hunters are some of the most gullible people. Sure some of the stuff I saw and read was exciting, I enjoyed Jim Shockey's plug at the back of Outdoor Life, it was the first thing I read. I follow a few guys on social media. Over ptime all the articles of how to get big bucks, why you're not seeing deer, weather this weather that, and it dawned on me every article was repetitive and vague.

I have read across forums and the things that stands out is the 'I wish I could see big bucks', 'I didn't even see deer last year', or the worst kind... 'you can't eat bones' mafia. This is mind boggling for me. I see a deer everyday whether I'm hunting or not.

Since I quit listening to the 'pros' I haven't bought corn, calls, scent cover, and the usual gimmicks but I haven't saved any money. In fact, I've spent more money at the taxidermist since I have ignored the 'pros'. Maybe I should listen to the pros if I want to save money.

I'm not a very good candidate for a ProStaff member.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
As aggravating as some of the hunting shows are, with their over-the-top personalities and never-ending product endorsements, its all part of what has become a pretty impressive "hunting industry". Years ago I never could have imagined it would ever be this big. All the products out there and the people peddling them are good signs that the "industry" is alive and well. There's a lot about it that I don't like either, but in the overall scheme of things, it's probably a good thing.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
As aggravating as some of the hunting shows are, with their over-the-top personalities and never-ending product endorsements, its all part of what has become a pretty impressive "hunting industry". Years ago I never could have imagined it would ever be this big. All the products out there and the people peddling them are good signs that the "industry" is alive and well. There's a lot about it that I don't like either, but in the overall scheme of things, it's probably a good thing.

True... BUT it’s also turning it into a rich mans sport while potentially losing the fundamentals

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I would Agree the Deer Society is rather annoying. the hosts have a certain...arrogant prick quality, like they are some kind of elite secret society of hunters. I watch a lot of shows...mostly as market research...they are among my least favorite

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Am I the only one who hate the Deer Society show and their propaganda for black rack and extinguisher call?

I’m sure if I buy one 200” bucks will just appear

It doesn’t help any that several of the hosts have the “prick” factor

Using those snake oil products and the new NC deer regs will have you shooing away 130"-160" deer waiting on the big-un! ;)

<>< Fish

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I can't stand to watch any deer hunting shows! They all start out with "xxx show is brought to you by"... product after product, as they zoom in at a bag in the hunters hand as he closes the tailgate. And hate to watch the hunters as they're in a stand blind or stand whispering to the camera stating, "I'm with my good "friend" and guide....". Then only to hear the intense music escalate as a over the top buck walks to a feeder, then to be broken as the the buck mule kicks and runs off...que the loud country/rock music!
Who can watch any of that stuff? As boring as watching bass fishing.

There are a couple of Western hunting shows I watch, which are Meateater, Fresh Tracks, and Solo Hunter.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
And let's not forget the Dixie Deer Classic where thousands of "gadget guru" gleeful deer hunters gather each year to happily spend their wages in support of the "big buck :poop:" deer industry hype. :ROFLMAO:

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Quit watching hunting shows a while back they r just one big commercial , I don’t consider no one a pro just lucky , if you hunt where big bucks are ya kill big bucks they r tougher I agree but not rocket science

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Quit watching hunting shows a while back they r just one big commercial , I don’t consider no one a pro just lucky , if you hunt where big bucks are ya kill big bucks they r tougher I agree but not rocket science
Not quite that simple...but agreed most (not all) of the shows on TV are garbage. My favorite shows are on online platforms.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
The only hunting show I watch religiously is growing deer tv on YouTube. I might watch one on the rare occasion i sit down and watch tv but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpearDiver

Button Buck
If you want to see a good hunting show out west (not just a prolonged ad for gear) check out Eastmans hunting TV. I think they have a whole season available for free on Amazon prime. I watch it because a lot of the hunts are where I grew up and the hunters are a very ethical family of hunters.