Strobe or flashing trailer brake lights?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone use the strobe or flashing trailer brake lights?
After a few close calls myself and the post about the boat getting rear ended I have thought more about it. Used them on motorcycle and my old truck had one for center high mount.
What I want now is one that will work on the boat trailer, LED, and handle water.

They were new back then and I got them from a truck shop.
Looks like you can get them in LED and different pulse or flash.

So anyone know a good brand, one that is waterproof that would hold up on a boat trailer.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
If somebody is going to hit you the flashing bs isnt going to do anything but make less $$$ in your pocket from buying them.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
As someone who drives more miles a week than many do in a month, don’t go too bright thinking you’re doing good. Those that are very bright and flash can be disorienting and blinding in situations where it’s very dark (messes up night time vision temporarily) and especially at night in heavy rain or snow.

More to your question I like the flashing brake lights that are normal brightness. Sometimes a driver is trying to change lanes, or checking load and surroundings in mirrors, etc and the flash gets their attention better. Others mileage will definitely vary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
I was thinking about a Tailgate Light Bar, but it would not fit on my truck. I was also thinking about the motorcycle LED lights that are offered. They are waterproof and has had some good reviews.
I know it would have not matter in my situation.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
IMHO.... people that rear end other people are idiots that drive while looking every where BUT where they should be paying attention.
I think the "flashing" rear lights could be an excuse used by the offending party. "it confused me and I thought he was turning"....
Also you may want to check the legality of the lights you're referencing....

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
As someone who drives more miles a week than many do in a month, don’t go too bright thinking you’re doing good. Those that are very bright and flash can be disorienting and blinding in situations where it’s very dark (messes up night time vision temporarily) and especially at night in heavy rain or snow.

More to your question I like the flashing brake lights that are normal brightness. Sometimes a driver is trying to change lanes, or checking load and surroundings in mirrors, etc and the flash gets their attention better. Others mileage will definitely vary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two folks have mentioned this style light confusing or disorienting other drivers. While it is a small portion of the populations, strobe lights can actually cause seizures. My wife happens to be one of those people. Luckily, they are not severe in her case, but do certainly leave her a bit disoriented. Some may use the strobes as an excuse, but they could actually impact some folks.