Striper Regulations

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
I understand that on 1/1/21 the Albemarle sound management zone will reduce limit to one fish.
I guess between this flounder and drum limits it is hardly worth making a trip to have a FEW fish to carry home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Haven't looked it up but based on the mortality rate I saw this past year from the bait fishermen on the Roanoke could have had an impact on the decision. The Stripers are spawning in April and May and if 15% are being gut hooked that will cause more regulations.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
single hook rule on the noke is/was the dumbest thing ever. I never ever gut hooked a striper there on a big rebel plug or a Magnum Pop r or spook.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I understand that on 1/1/21 the Albemarle sound management zone will reduce limit to one fish.
I guess between this flounder and drum limits it is hardly worth making a trip to have a FEW fish to carry home.

well unless you like to catch them versus killing them. :)

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
My question, does the 1 fish limit apply to the Roanoke River ? I know this area has been managed as one area in recent times.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
My question, does the 1 fish limit apply to the Roanoke River ? I know this area has been managed as one area in recent times.
252 531 6753
Charlton Godwin.
His email is listed as well.
If I remember correctly you contact these type agencies regularly. :)
Since they are trying to protect the stock and the roanoke is where they are most vulnerable and pressured it makes no sense that the limit wouldnt be on the Roanoke but of course I didnt write the law.
Mr. Godwin may have.
Let us know what you find.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
It should apply to the tributaries flowing into the sound that they use for spawning.

That reg should lessen the traffic on the river this spring......

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
It should apply to the tributaries flowing into the sound that they use for spawning.

That reg should lessen the traffic on the river this spring......
That was my interpretation of the amendment with the changing regulations.

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
I believe Roanoke River is not in this Section and has its own different rules.