Striper Fishing the Roanoke

Deereman68

Heading down to do some striper fishing on the Roanoke River this weekend......Any reports?

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
Head to Plymouth..put in at hwy 45 bridge. Before I go on....are you familiar with the lower roanoke?

BERTIE RENEGADE

I would try the mouth of the Cashie , trolling with Yozuri's or Cotton Cordels if you can find one to run straight. Troll in the deeper channels, depth runs anywhere from 18 to 60'. Color choice would be silver/black or blaze orange and sometimes red treble hooks seem to catch more. There is a small boat landing ($3.00 fee) just north of the Roanoke River bridge that allows easy access to the Cashie called shipyard landing. Two to three miles on either side of the RR bridge usually produces fish. As a word of caution the water level is high so be careful of submerged logs stumps.

Last edited:

23mako

Ten Pointer
I caught stripers a few weeks ago on the Roanoke. They are there just scattered with the high water we have been having. Got to be willing to look for them and lose some rigs before you catch.

Last edited:

Irish Eyes

Two good web sites are huntfishnc.com, that is a site from Haligfax county.
Another good site is guide Rich Andrews sit at tarpamguide.com he has a lot of info on the site. Good luck.

Deereman68

Thanks for all the info. We originally had a guided trip but the guide ended up with a blown motor coming up..lol......to be continued!

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
Big drop coming on the roanoke.....it's gonna be epic! The tar is awesome right now!! It just don't get much better.