Striper fishing Lake Gaston

tbear2

Spike
We are a family oriented fishing club. While stripers is the main species pursued members fish for catfish, bass, & perch. We fish as a Club the 2nd & 4th. Wed. of each month. We have a Club meeting usually with a guest speaker the 1st. Wed of each month. The next meeting is Aug.4th. 6:00PM at the Lions Den Littleton. We also have a Club breakfast the 3rd. Wed. @ 9AM at a local restaurant. Dues are only $30/year. We welcome new members. Contact me for more information.
tbear
President LGSC

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
June 6 Laka Gaston Striper Club caught some decent stripers on live shad. Most were caught on live shad on 15-18' deep fishing from the old railroad bridge to past the I85 bridge. Trolling alabama rigs was unproductive n

Nice catching guys, I feel sure your trip was enjoyable. Hard to beat live bait. Noticed some of y'all pulled Alabama rigs with no love.
Have you tried a bigger bait presentation, numbers and size?
I have had good luck in VA. on past trips pulling 9 bait umbrella rigs using 6 " baits.
Sometimes I've caught multiple fish at once.

IMG_20150826_134431696_HDR.jpg

tbear2

Spike
Nice catching guys, I feel sure your trip was enjoyable. Hard to beat live bait. Noticed some of y'all pulled Alabama rigs with no love.
Have you tried a bigger bait presentation, numbers and size?
I have had good luck in VA. on past trips pulling 9 bait umbrella rigs using 6 " baits.
Sometimes I've caught multiple fish at once.

View attachment 68100
Definitely worth a try. Unfortunately, I have only been out 1 time in someone else's bost this year
My boat has spiderwebs on the lift. Wife is battling cancer & it's been a tough year. Hope to get out in late summer. Thanks for tip.
tbear

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
Definitely worth a try. Unfortunately, I have only been out 1 time in someone else's bost this year
My boat has spiderwebs on the lift. Wife is battling cancer & it's been a tough year. Hope to get out in late summer. Thanks for tip.
tbear
Completely understand, it's got to be a tough road. Pray your wife has full recovery and you both can get on the water soon.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone tied a dropper rig pulling a 1/2 oz and 1 oz jig with grub?

Used them for salt water and they worked great. If tied correct it looks like a larger fish chasing a small bait fish.