• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

Striper fishing Lake Gaston

tbear2

Spike
We are a family oriented fishing club. While stripers is the main species pursued members fish for catfish, bass, & perch. We fish as a Club the 2nd & 4th. Wed. of each month. We have a Club meeting usually with a guest speaker the 1st. Wed of each month. The next meeting is Aug.4th. 6:00PM at the Lions Den Littleton. We also have a Club breakfast the 3rd. Wed. @ 9AM at a local restaurant. Dues are only $30/year. We welcome new members. Contact me for more information.
tbear
President LGSC

Going Coastal

Six Pointer
June 6 Laka Gaston Striper Club caught some decent stripers on live shad. Most were caught on live shad on 15-18' deep fishing from the old railroad bridge to past the I85 bridge. Trolling alabama rigs was unproductive n
Nice catching guys, I feel sure your trip was enjoyable. Hard to beat live bait. Noticed some of y'all pulled Alabama rigs with no love.
Have you tried a bigger bait presentation, numbers and size?
I have had good luck in VA. on past trips pulling 9 bait umbrella rigs using 6 " baits.
Sometimes I've caught multiple fish at once.

IMG_20150826_134431696_HDR.jpg

tbear2

Spike
Nice catching guys, I feel sure your trip was enjoyable. Hard to beat live bait. Noticed some of y'all pulled Alabama rigs with no love.
Have you tried a bigger bait presentation, numbers and size?
I have had good luck in VA. on past trips pulling 9 bait umbrella rigs using 6 " baits.
Sometimes I've caught multiple fish at once.

View attachment 68100
Definitely worth a try. Unfortunately, I have only been out 1 time in someone else's bost this year
My boat has spiderwebs on the lift. Wife is battling cancer & it's been a tough year. Hope to get out in late summer. Thanks for tip.
tbear

Going Coastal

Six Pointer
Definitely worth a try. Unfortunately, I have only been out 1 time in someone else's bost this year
My boat has spiderwebs on the lift. Wife is battling cancer & it's been a tough year. Hope to get out in late summer. Thanks for tip.
tbear
Completely understand, it's got to be a tough road. Pray your wife has full recovery and you both can get on the water soon.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone tied a dropper rig pulling a 1/2 oz and 1 oz jig with grub?

Used them for salt water and they worked great. If tied correct it looks like a larger fish chasing a small bait fish.