Stray Dog

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have a hound that showed up at the house this weekend. Poor condition, bob tail, long nails, no sign of a collar at all. I don’t know anything about this one. Demeanor seems to be a younger dog but it looks rather old. I’m not so sure the condition isn’t making it look older. Eats good/poops good. Friendly dog and hasn’t shown any aggression. Posting in here to see if someone may have lost it or if someone wants it.

I cannot figure out the picture thing....has this changed?

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Have a hound that showed up at the house this weekend. Poor condition, bob tail, long nails, no sign of a collar at all. I don’t know anything about this one. Demeanor seems to be a younger dog but it looks rather old. I’m not so sure the condition isn’t making it look older. Eats good/poops good. Friendly dog and hasn’t shown any aggression. Posting in here to see if someone may have lost it or if someone wants it.

I cannot figure out the picture thing....has this changed?
GSP? keep working on the picture. Where are you located? I can get him on facebook. If hes a GSP I can get him into a foster home w/ the SEGSP rescue.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I’ve had some old coot at the neuse sports shop tell me my bird dogs were blue ticks. Couldn’t convince him otherwise

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sent pic to nccfer. Size is between a beagle and a big hound. Could have some cut in it. I imagine it’s just a mixed up mutt.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Upper right corner the little box with the mountain and the sun. Click on it then select the photo you want to post. Takes a couple of seconds to load then you can post. I don't go through the gallery setting?

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This one really leans towards a pet in my eyes. Then again, it arrived walking very weak. Follows and stays around like a pet.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyways I won't hijack this thread anymore. Hopefully the dog gets home or finds a good home

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I had one show up last week too. I took it to the pound. We take a half dozen or so to the pound every fall/winter. Mostly hounds with no collars. It beats them getting run over or starving. We donate a few hundred pounds of food to the local shelter every time we take one there. They get put down but better than roaming the countryside half starved. It makes everyone look bad too. Many people dump all "hunters" into the same pot.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If I have the means, I normally try to find somewhere for the dog. I kinda forced this one on a fella and he seems to be liking the dog. That dog is run down, but seems to be picking up some weight and energy. Starting to get some spunk.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I had one show up last week too. I took it to the pound. We take a half dozen or so to the pound every fall/winter. Mostly hounds with no collars. It beats them getting run over or starving. We donate a few hundred pounds of food to the local shelter every time we take one there. They get put down but better than roaming the countryside half starved. It makes everyone look bad too. Many people dump all "hunters" into the same pot.

It's the person not the hunter. Like I said there are those that will catch a hound, take the collar off and dump them miles away. Don't believe it, hound guys have proved this. We, as a collective group, have been able to catch them through the use of social media or at least many times finding the owner. Last year I had three bust out of a kennel. 2 came back, yes I looked but you don't know where to start. Someone posted my hound on Facebook. A friend of my kennel partners wife, messaged her and she contacted her husband and me. He had to describe what the hound looked like to get the hound, as I was working. The collar was missing, whether it was lost or someone took it off I have no idea. I do know we have had collars taken off hounds before. Found collars and not the hounds and found hounds without the collars. Not all hounds without collars have been dumped by their owner, some may have been but I put those owners in the same class of lowlife, as I do those that take collars off of hounds.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
If I have the means, I normally try to find somewhere for the dog. I kinda forced this one on a fella and he seems to be liking the dog. That dog is run down, but seems to be picking up some weight and energy. Starting to get some spunk.

Hats off to you for trying and finding the dog a home.

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Did you find him a home yet? Also I have seen people that interfere with dog hunting and even hold the dogs hostage. Have to get LEO involved to recover the dogs.