Stopping "crazy" people from legally buying guns?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Perception is everything, folks ...

of course it is,,,,and the "anti-gun" crowd are driving the perception,,,

the "Armed Citizen" section of every American Rifleman should be read on the news every day,,,,,

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
of course it is,,,,and the "anti-gun" crowd are driving the perception,,,

the "Armed Citizen" section of every American Rifleman should be read on the news every day,,,,,

A lot of these shooters were on the radar but not enough was done to prevent it.

double

Twelve Pointer
My guess is he will want the law changed to require mental health records to be submitted to NICS

And if there is going to be a nics system mental health records that would prevent purchase should be added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Neil Degrasse Tyson posted similar statistics to Greg's and is no longer the poser child of the left. Basically pointed out that if all we cared about was saving lives there are easier ways to save more. Mandatory flu shots would most likely save 200 people a day.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Rush Limbaugh speaking against red flags laws

Says he has questions about RFL

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
rush doesnt want to get elected.
Trump does.
going to be a whirlwind EA deal imo.

A RFL bill would have to passed by Congress. And , yes, one will pass.

Question is how much will the GOP roll over and sell out gun owners to the donkeys

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Charles Schumer just said close the "loophole" allowing guns to be bought online.

Gotta love a federal gun law expert like the honorable senator.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
Time was the crazy people were locked away in asylums and the country was a better place.

Then , in the '60s & '70s the asylums were shut down and the crazy people were turned loose because locking them up violated their rights.

Now the crazy people are violating our rights , running around loose killing people.

Mike

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Agree with what others said , if you take a life by breaking the law you die period in , no more than 72 hours no life sentences

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Agree with what others said , if you take a life by breaking the law you die period in , no more than 72 hours no life sentences

When you say break the law, do you mean convicted of murder 1, or the breaking of any law that results in loss of life?

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is no answer that fixes this problem. More convinced that ever that we have made living so easy that not only do the weak (mentally) among us survive but they also thrive and reproduce typically with like "minded" folks further weakening the species.

This right here!!!!!!!!

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The whole debate hinges on this mindless notion that if we could prevent someone from buying a gun, it would prevent them from acting out an act of violence.

Let's say we had a foolproof method of identifying a person that's prohibited (by ANY standard) from purchasing a gun, and it worked 100% of the time. Does anyone really think someone bent on mass murder would just abandon his dreams of committing mayhem and go about the rest of his life being normal?

Secondly, could any provision of law keep YOU from getting your hands on a gun if you really wanted one?

Do you see how senseless this whole argument really is?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Well Australia might be an exception.

Crazy shot up a tourist spot in 1996 and no mass shootings by crazies since with semi auto rifles that I can think of

Criminal gangs there can get and smuggle guns too

Last edited:

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
No more laws. I carry everywhere except a courthouse. I even ignore the no weapon signs. Never had a problem. Let's outlaw gun free zones. A man with a gun is usually stopped by equal or overwhelming force being returned. The problem is not guns. What we need are more law abiding citizens willing to use their CC as it was intended, to protect yourself or others who's life is in peril.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Lots of people think the music I listen to is "crazy". Lots of people probably think Zombie's videos are "crazy". There are people who think hunters are apt to become murders. The word we should be focused on isn't "crazy", it's evil. Evil is hard to defeat.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
First thing you have to do is define "crazy" ahead of time... and that is going to stop the discussion right there.. who gets to define it, who gets to judge and what are the checks and balances in that system to insure that it does not stomp on rights??

There is no answer that fixes this problem. More convinced that ever that we have made living so easy that not only do the weak (mentally) among us survive but they also thrive and reproduce typically with like "minded" folks further weakening the species.

This. 100x this.

We have made natural selection a secondary or tertiary concern.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
You see in the news they are trying to tie and want to look more into people that have PTSD, have suffered a traumatic event along with a list of other things.

Seen on several reports, all the MSM, and reports and studies I have seen on line.

This is what could happen.
Would suck they start to flag people in general.