Stock market

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
I’m watching my watch list. Will wait and see what happens next week.
Not much concerned with current positions. I’ve got time.
I am debating getting out of crypto today, while I’m still ahead.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just use my daughter's account.

Maybe if Netflix is struggling, it it may be an indication that households are running out of discretionary money.
Yes sir.
The past 2 Saturdays a local Mexican restaurant near the Buffalo lake area has been almost vacant. That place is usually busy as crap on a Friday and Saturday night. I think unfortunately more people are short of discretionary spending. I am afraid we are about to enter a bad economic storm. Those of us that don't remember the hard times of Jimmy Carter are gonna soon get an education. The stock market has had a bad week and all the experts don't see any upside. Rates are gonna go up and the cost of goods are still gonna be expensive. Alot more of those people who voted for Biden are gonna regret ever voting for him before this storm is over.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
But it can’t be. Remember there is no sign of problems. The housing market is secure. No chance of people not making the mortgage payments.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Netflix has been on a spending spree with it’s originals/specials. It’s no secret people share accounts and Netflix has left the 6.99/9.99 package along time ago. With the streaming services bundling together somebody is going up for sale and Netflix has to be jockeying for a merger to compete with CBS and Disney. A merger will eventually bankrupt Netflix.

Some time back when we joined Prime I told wife this is a horrible business model for longevity, it’s unsustainable with no minimum free next day shipping. Less than a year later the membership increased.

If you look at subscription services and then compare prices to other retailers, Target is stepping up and undercutting Amazon on a lot of items with an impressive customer service policy. Inflation is busting Amazon at its seams, prices and lack of inventory is catching up. Watch for Amazon to do business adjustments, I’m expecting holdings to be sold off much like techs and dotcoms from the 90s and 00s.

I don’t expect a dismantling this year but look for it in somewhat near future.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
The child tax credit money ended in Dec, that along with prices at the pump and grocery store would curb spending.

The Carter "misery index" of double digit interest, inflation, and unemployment won't happen within the next three years before another election. Inflation probably will reach double digit, doubtful that unemployment will, and certainly not interest rates.

Reactions: jug

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I use specific charts when I look at both markets and specific stocks. Several Markets and many stocks have recently broken through what is usually a MAJOR support line. I'm a little worried.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
My guy is moving things to cash and I agree. Then we will jump back in early. Signs are there for something at least similar to March 2020.

Also, if (when) things go to hell in Russia wheat prices are going to go through the roof.

Fatkid

Eight Pointer
That was a wild turn around. I truly believe that most everyone close to retirement got out of this market earlier at the beginning of the covid scare, therefore I don’t see long periods of mass selling.

The new generation of stock market players have to buy these dips to make it make sense. All the trading apps out there now and all the extra handouts and people staying home has also finally built up savings accounts has folks buying these “sales”.

Last edited:
Reactions: jug