Sticky Sticky Idea-3D ranges in NC

blackheel

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #1
I had the opportunity to shoot 3D for the first time this weekend in VA and had a blast. I have no idea where any 3D ranges are in NC so I thought a sticky at the top with people chiming in might be a good idea....

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Lets let this thread go for a little bit and then possibly make it a sticky. It would be nice if we had a page or so of links first. Once a sticky thread gets stuck, it generally stops attracting attention.

Catterman

Well guys, im a prostaff member and sales rep for CNC slings. I dont have any details yet, but around the june time frame, i along with Neuse Sports shop will be holding a 3D tournament. All proceeds will be going to charity. Once i have everything set in stone, i will post a flier for it. All are welcome to shoot in it. More than likely from the support ive gotten so far, there should be 150-200 shooters lined up.

DAGATOR16

Well guys, im a prostaff member and sales rep for CNC slings. I dont have any details yet, but around the june time frame, i along with Neuse Sports shop will be holding a 3D tournament. All proceeds will be going to charity. Once i have everything set in stone, i will post a flier for it. All are welcome to shoot in it. More than likely from the support ive gotten so far, there should be 150-200 shooters lined up.
Any chance this shoot will develop? How about July or Aug?
Clay

loggerhead mike

Franklinarchers.com

in macon county off us64

We have 3d shoots every week for 5 dollar entry

Last edited:

longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Quite a few ranges down east closing their doors, some for good it seems. I contacted Cherry Point Archers and they apparently are having problems with the Base and will fold by the end of the year. Great Swamp only has a select few shoots and can't keep a range open because of theft. I'm to the point where I wish I could get a few serious archers together in my area, I think I might dedicate a few acres to a 3D range if I had help with the cost of the targets....

Last edited:

longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
http://flatwoodsguns.com/home.html

Awhile back we spoke of a NCH&F 3D shoot. Well, I spoke with these folks this morning and they have a 3D range that opens a half hour after they do and closes a half hour before the shop does. 20 targets...

It'd be nice to meet up with a bunch of NCH&F guys down there and shoot a round....maybe right after the deer season ends.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Gpaa, taa, ccaa, downeast archery are all coalitions in NC. I think their are a couple more up in the West.

Shootarchery.com can help you guys out or Archerytalk forum.

Last edited:

agtex42

The Bear Creek Fire Department will be hosting a 3D shoot on January 18th in Hubert, NC. Registration will be open from 8:00-2:30, 20 target course with an iron deer novelty shoot! See the attached flyer for more info

3D Flyer.jpg

longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's a great cause, I'm gonna do my best to be there buddy. I'll have to come early, shoot, and run though....

Glad you posted the flyer, I though it was gonna be at Lejeune....

Last edited:

Buck Hill

Buck Hill Campground Archery Range is having a 3D shoot this Saturday (8am) and Sunday (1pm). We have just updated our weekend tournament schedule through September. We are open 7 days a week. We have tent, RV site, and cabins for those who might want an archery getaway. Hope to meet some of you soon!

http://www.buckhillrvcampground.com/archery-range