Sticking tight

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Deer were sticking tight Saturday. Proud of the dogs hunting them up, even after being hunted a day and a half. Took them a while to find them, sometimes near an hour. They kept working those thick woods though. When they did find them it was on. Had some good races and we saw one good buck. They saw a bunch of deer, only one shot fired though at a doe.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
Makes you proud when those dogs trail em up and you can tell they are working hard to find them. I got some young dogs that are trailing good probably better than my old dogs were at that age. I'm right proud of my dogs this year. In years past I haven't been as impressed with them hunting up an older track.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DRS

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Makes you proud when those dogs trail em up and you can tell they are working hard to find them. I got some young dogs that are trailing good probably better than my old dogs were at that age. I'm right proud of my dogs this year. In years past I haven't been as impressed with them hunting up an older track.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have one cur that really don't care about running one. 3/4 mile and he is through and looking for me. But he will wind or trail one to hell and jump it. The good thing about him is he is also one of the most vocal of my dogs and we usually have enough packs turned in a block that even if he has quit on the initial deer and the other ones gone on with it. He will come back to me and we jump another while finishing driving out the block he makes enough noise on it that he usually pulls in help that are long range dogs to take it and go with it. 3/4 mile on our club unless the deer circles a bunch or runs it lengthwise puts it off us anyway. I almost got rid of him to I figured out how valuable he was jumping them.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a half cur half walker that is waaaaaaay too long winded for me. She has a pretty good nose also. I have considered that very thing actually. Her only redeeming factor about her long range crap is if and when she finally gives up she will ultimately try to track herself back.