Stevens 301T .410

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Has anyone patterned one yet. Think that extra full turkey choke might stretch squirrels out to 30 yards. Also swapping to an imp cyl choke might turn it into a youth deer slug gun.

led0321

Six Pointer
Have not shot one yet but they are supposed to do great “as is” for TSS and turkeys.

Santa brought my kids one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I’ve got one, the factory choke patterns fine with Tss for 40yd patterns. I put a Jeb’s in mine to make it a lil more consistent. Killed a turkey with it opening day. For what they are they ain’t bad little guns.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve got one, the factory choke patterns fine with Tss for 40yd patterns. I put a Jeb’s in mine to make it a lil more consistent. Killed a turkey with it opening day. For what they are they ain’t bad little guns.

Have you tried it with standard shot on squirrels? Every .410 I've tried hammers them until 20 yards but 25 yards is a 50/50 proposition at best.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have you tried it with standard shot on squirrels? Every .410 I've tried hammers them until 20 yards but 25 yards is a 50/50 proposition at best.
I had a mossberg pump and I had Briley make an extra full choke for it. You could get a squirrel at 30 yards with #5s all day long with it. I screwed up and sold it when I about quit squirrel hunting and now I wish I had it back.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had a mossberg pump and I had Briley make an extra full choke for it. You could get a squirrel at 30 yards with #5s all day long with it. I screwed up and sold it when I about quit squirrel hunting and now I wish I had it back.

I wish my Mossberg was threaded. You answered what I was looking for, the 301T should work at 30 yards. I have mom's old Mossberg 183 with external thread chokes, wish someone made an extra full for it.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I
I have not, just turkeys so far. Plan to try it out in the next few days if I get a chance and will let you know.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You fellers May could try out some of that turkey smoking TSS shot for squirrels. The shells would be expensive.....but I’ve never had an issue with shooting a lots at squirrels. I imagine it would pattern better and you could use 8s or maybe 9s.