Steel toed shoes.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
If you really need steel toed boots in your line of work, remember that they get cold in the winter. If your employer requires that you have them, but you are not in danger of getting your toes smashed, you might consider composite toed boots. They are not quite as cold in the winter.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I always had good luck with the timberland pro ankle high boots. Granted they are not steel toed, but they meet all the ANSI and OSHA requirements and are lighter then steel toes are. Durability has always been great and they are comfortable right out of the box.
As to Redwings, I heard how great they were and tried a pair, never again. One of the most uncomfortable boots I have ever worn. They were fitted to me at the store out on 70. No more for me.........others mileage may very, but my experience with them was not good.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks for all the replies fellas. Big thanks to DC-DXT for clearing things up for me. Composite toes are acceptable. I'll be going that route. I've got a lot of boots to try on in the next few days.

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
For the "cowboy style" I like the Ariat square toe. Hiking style boots and low cut I like the KEEN and Merrell. I really loved my Redbacks but they weren't steel toe so couldn't use them at new job,too bad they were only 5 years old!!! and I am very rough on boots.Next pair I get will either be Redback steel/composite toe or the Danner pull-ons (redback style). I have tried Red Wings twice and they just didn't work for me at all. Did have a pair of Timberland Pro that were quite comfortable but only got a year out of them.
I definitely agree that the steel toes are heavier and colder

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Another vote for Keen. Not my style, im usually a slip on Ariat or Justin guy, but i got the Keens off the shoe truck when it came last year and probably the best wearing safety toe shoe ive ever worn. The composite toe is very light as well.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Another for the Ariat slip ons, been over a year and half still going strong. My next pair will be Double H, I know someone before said the soles fell apart, but I don’t work in oil environment and friends of mine love them... and they are made in the USA.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I've wore Redwings and Wolverines and prefer Wolverines, but you won't know which you like better until you try them on.
Georgia makes a good boot also.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Lot said there. I think everybody has different issues and preferences. I like my Keen hikers w/safety toe and Justin steel toe, but can't stand to wear them on concrete all day. They are fine on dirt. I tried all kinds and choose 6" Wolverine Cabor EPX , not the lightest but my knees don't hurt after being on concrete all day.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ll add my name to the Keen bandwagon.
I’ve worn the Coburgs for the last couple years. Most comfortable steel toed boot I’ve ever worn.

A lot of my guys wear the Dallas pull on Wellington. I’ve never heard any complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingsize

Four Pointer
I would check out Double H and Chippewa, have had great boots from both companies. The styles I have are made in USA too, which was important to me