Stackable washer and dryer

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
Is that time again for a new washer and dryer. With the space I have I had to stack my dryer on my washer. Im in the market for a new set. Any reviews or recommendations appreciated.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had a Kenmore stack washer and dryer system that gave pretty fair service for about 15 years, until we had to move. We did have to do some fairly minor repairs (mostly dryer belt) a few times. I still have it in storage, but I don't know if it will still work or not after sitting all these years.

rescue934

Twelve Pointer
Samsung sucks, cant get parts or repair.

Best in the market right now is the LG (front load) GE is a close second. Speed queen is the way to go in a top loader.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Isnt samsung the ones catching fire and blowing up?
Not at my house thankfully. Our set is about 9 years old, side by side for a few years, then stacked using a Samsung kit. Had a small issue once, local repair man replaced some part, $100, no issues since. I would buy them again without looking elsewhere.

NCdoe

Ten Pointer
I would never buy Samsung. My daughter is battling with them now. The only way her dryer will cut off is if you leave the door standing open. Close the door and it won't quit running. Samsung doesn't have a part to fix it. It is 4 years old.

mdunker

Ten Pointer
I have had LG and Samsung and both had major problems. Bought Whirlpool this time and have not had an issue. Mine are stacked.