St patricks day whats for dinner?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well I just put the corned beef in the crockpot and got to wondering if anyone out here has corned a deer ham? And I ain't asking about pre harvest techniques 😉 I bet it be good just might have to ponder that for next year. Or maybe a swan breast 🤔

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My wife's birthday today so her choice I'm not much of a cook so my guess it'll be Chinese which she likes

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
It's our 42nd wedding anniversary, taking the wife to one of the finer restaurants here in Asheboro... :)

Not hijacking thread...a heads up...The Biscuit Company...double balogna, egg and cheese cathead biscuit. Delicious pre rabbit hunt breakfast!!

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I fired up the smoker this morning and will be smoking corn beef today. I started doing it several years ago and since then, my wife will not cook corn beef in a crockpot.

I like the idea of doing a deer ham.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

This is the one the wife wanted to try!

With bacon and stout beer in it, that looks good. Do you just buy a leg of lamb and cube it yourself? I've never seen lamb stew meat in the store.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I fired up the smoker this morning and will be smoking corn beef today. I started doing it several years ago and since then, my wife will not cook corn beef in a crockpot.

I like the idea of doing a deer ham.

You are essentially making pastrami. It's just smoked corn beef with a coating of black pepper and coriander or caraway.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
With bacon and stout beer in it, that looks good. Do you just buy a leg of lamb and cube it yourself? I've never seen lamb stew meat in the store.
I get mine cut for stew. Comes from a 4H place in WV get maybe 150lb a year from them. Most gifted. You can use leg of lamb if you do I would cut the meat off the bone from the small side and keep some of the leg for roast.

There are several Middle East stores in Raleigh you just tell them what you want also.
Get the fresh ground lamb for Kebbeh.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
simple ole pork chops here, i really need to get down south to pick up some gravy mixes, running low on some staples
-white gravy mix
- hush puppy mix
- Tony C's

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
simple ole pork chops here, i really need to get down south to pick up some gravy mixes, running low on some staples
-white gravy mix
- hush puppy mix
- Tony C's
Gravy mix? WTH?
I didn't know that they'd let Tony C's spices into Canada, or is that something that has to be snuck in? I won't tell....:censored:

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
MY NEIGHBOR caught a mess of crappie this morning. Brought enough buy for the wife an I to feast on tonite.

Fish taco night night coming up !

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We had a very traditional Caucasian American Irish meal: Pork burrito bowl(or plate.. It was on a paper plate.)

Cubed the pork chops, then boiled in 2 cups of water. Added Al Pator seasoning. Added another cup of water and Mexican rice mix. Simmered for 25 minutes. Topped with cilantro, romaine, avocado, shredded colby jack, sour cream, and fresh lime juice.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
20210317_203146.jpg

Made 3 loafs of my mother's Irish bread this afternoon to top off the corned beef dinner. Definitely going to try to make corned deer or swan.