SSS (Stop Shooting Scrubs)!!!

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
It’s like feral hogs, the smaller ones are better eating,,,,,
Not necessarily. I have it on good authority that the best deer for the dinner plate is a 1.5 y.o. buck...more meat & stronger & healthier due to the lack of stress from birthing & raising fawns. Fawns, "biscuit deer" as I call them, are not worth the trouble for such little return. I have always been an advocate for QDMA
"let 'em go, let'em grow", but I also think each hunter needs to make on their own individual decision about as what to kill as long as current regs say it is legal.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I find biscuit deer amazingly easy to demeat a carcass.

Hang it, remove hide and 100% gutless. Not worried about cuts of meat or anything. Just filling gallon ziplocs (plural because 2 counts) with pieces. And regardless if I am making chipped gravy, jerky, stew, bulgogi - it's going to be good.

Maybe its all in the wrist :unsure:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have it on good authority that the best deer for the dinner plate is a 1.5 y.o. buck...more meat & stronger & healthier due to the lack of stress from birthing & raising fawns.

That “authority” generalizes- yes, more meat but nothing (in whitetail deer) beats a “this years fawn” for tenderness and taste

Fawns, "biscuit deer" as I call them, are not worth the trouble for such little return.

Not worth the trouble?? You don’t skin/prep rabbits as well??
They are well worth the trouble

I have always been an advocate for QDMA

Good for you,,,
but I also think each hunter needs to make on their own individual decision about as what to kill as long as current regs say it is legal.

Nice of you,,,