3731c9c8682794eb6307fe718069221b.jpg

4a22aff610d7eef6d9662a872769a7a0.jpg

bd3fa915099a7bb37c877efe6cd61297.jpg

4ed47af12fd1be0a03176c45604449bd.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
What in the world am I looking at?? Is that singing the hair off? Cooking them in some special sauce?

Yep. Torching the hair.
Just a pot of water to wash and scrape clean.
No cooking yet.
Clean and freeze untill ready to cook.

Think I might sous vide in sauce

Or fry with red curry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Southeast Asia method

i hunted squirrels in the Malasian rubber plantations with some locals

They skewered it with a fresh stick, singed the hair off over a fire and cooked till done, ate it off the stick like some carny food

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Southeast Asia method

They skewered it with a fresh stick, singed the hair off over a fire and cooked till done, ate it off the stick like some carny food

That was backyard rats you were eating..[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Southeast Asia method

Have you ever seen them do this with monkeys? One of my dad's friends who served in Vietnam tells a similar "recipe" but with monkey :oops:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Have you ever seen them do this with monkeys? One of my dad's friends who served in Vietnam tells a similar "recipe" but with monkey :oops:

yes Sir,,,

they do the same with the fish we cast netted as well,,, 'cept no fur, but went from net, stick stuck through mouth and out rear and cooked over fire,,, peel skin/scales and eat,,

them boys weren't much into "prep work"

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That was backyard rats you were eating..[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no Sir,,, they were plaintain squirrels

plantain-squirrel_1332.jpg

now some of the other stuff there and elsewhere MAY have been rat,,, I didn't ask,,,

and let's not talk about the weevils/larvae in the field ration rice packs,,, just extra protein to go with the goat curry cans for the squad,,,

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
House cat and dog is on the menu at some places in Asia. They raise 'em like we might cattle or a hog, then feast.

Jim

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
  • Squirrel some kinda good eating....but I haven't tried dog, cat, monkey, and rats and don't plan too...hope don't get that hungry but strange times you never knoe.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ain’t even going to knock the turds out of it....again I say..... Damnit boy....

Redman6

Four Pointer
Southeast Asia method

I used to work with some folks from Laos. Seen them eat squirrel amamy of times on a stick whole. Sing hair then fry. Eat bones and all.
Years ago I brought them a deer that i seen get hit in the spring that wasn't messed up bad. They did the same thing. Torched the hair and started butchering. Craziest thing I ever seen.