Squirrel hunting in Onslow county

Gunny2professor

Six Pointer
Recently retired Gunny now New hunter here who has tried his hand this deer season with no luck and will continue hunting after the season, but for squirrel. Any pointers for gamelands or a club in onslow will be greatly appreciated.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Just a reminder, Fox squirrel season goes out 31 December. Grey's you can continue to take em out till the end of February.
a97e88a37949351e2778ad871b04aa27.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Was just thinking about that today. Seems I have to be at the wife's family Wed. which is about a mile from Singletary in Bladen Co. May take the .410 in case I can slip out for a bit in the afternoon.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Are there any suitable areas on the lake side? I probably won't have but a couple of hours at best, even if I can sneak out.

if you are talking on the east side of 53 right on Singletary lake, then yes - but it's a realitively small area (so much of it is off limits/safety zone - I'd go across 53 to the river side - lots more land,,,,used to be beautiful in there, then they logged the piss out of it,,,,,haven't been there in a while - get down along that river bottom

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
if hunting in Janaury then definitley the river side - I normally found more greys along the river - the fox squirrels were up on the high ground