Spypoint twin pack sale..Tractor Supply

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Local Tractor Supply has these cameras on sale for $129.99. Total price was $138.76. Check the price by entering the zip code and adding item to cart. A sign says the one with the Verizon plan is the one on sale, but the AT&T plan camera rings up the same. That's what I have. I have 2 being used for "security" purposes. Really satisfied with the picture quality. You can purchase a package of "enhanced" photos very reasonably. These are good enough to be used as evidence, if the need arises. I used the enhanced photos to identify a guy under a shelter and to determine a grey fox was carrying off a cat it caught on the back patio. Didn't realize a grey would tackle a grown cat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-082947_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-082947_Chrome.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211124_190732.jpg
    20211124_190732.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 17

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Question......does 1 plan pay for both cameras.

Nope. Wish it did!! Since my 1st 2 are "security", I have the annual plan. One camera is unlimited due to taking 2 photos and so many critters(bugs, birds, roaming dog pack, etc.). Other is 1000. Some examples..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-084939_SPYPOINT.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-084939_SPYPOINT.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20211125-084748_SPYPOINT.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-084748_SPYPOINT.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 41

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Question......does 1 plan pay for both cameras.
Had the same thought...have used Verizon for years and my experience is that each / every device added to their coverage tacks on an additional flat rate $20 bucks / month...then + usage costs.
We have 2 iPhones in our Verizon account and total monthly bill is $82 / month...

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Bug..not sure if it's a preying mantis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-084729_SPYPOINT.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-084729_SPYPOINT.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I finally started the move to cell camera this year. Bought one for my brother to set up on the family farm. He has bought 4 more.

Academy has the 2 pack for $140 with micro SD cards. Seem to be in stock right now.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Update the firmware first thing before you even turn them on. Four of mine I use the free 100 photos a month. I have another on the unlimited plan. I've had zero issues and am still on the original batteries going on 6 months in unlimited camera and five on free plan. If my TS has any I'm going to grab a couple more.

Sonic

Spike
Dumb question, but can someone briefly explain how the service works? We have verizon for cell service, each additional line we add to our plan is $5. Does this mean I could add these cameras to our plan and be set, or do cellular trail cameras require their own plan? Thanks in advance.

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
I just got one yesterday. Downloaded the app on my phone and activated the camera threw the app. That’s all there is to it one you activate threw the app you’re set like previously said you get 100 pics free per month and you can pay for additional plans threw SPYPOINT. From my understanding I don’t have to call up and pay Verizon

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just got one yesterday. Downloaded the app on my phone and activated the camera threw the app. That’s all there is to it one you activate threw the app you’re set like previously said you get 100 pics free per month and you can pay for additional plans threw SPYPOINT. From my understanding I don’t have to call up and pay Verizon
So the Spypoint App. communicates with the cameras for free...lets you see 100 photos without having to pull the SD card ??

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’d imagine. I’m not 100% sure on that. I just know it works haha
Well, if something like Verizon is not required...and the cameras out in the woods have to be able to be communicated with...the only other thing I can think of would be some sort of Spypoint "cloud" arrangement.

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
From what I’ve read on it it uses Verizon and AT&T towers. I’m not sure how they get by with free. But I know for my place it won’t take a month to get 100 pictures and I’ll probably upgrade and pay for a plan. I guess they are banking on you paying for a plan

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
They gotta make money some how. But it’s worth even the 15 bucks for unlimited so I don’t have to run out and pull cards all the time.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
So the Spypoint App. communicates with the cameras for free...lets you see 100 photos without having to pull the SD card ??

Yep. I get photos within a couple of minutes of them being taken. Not jumpy like I first was. To start with, I was like "Intruder alert!!!". lol. In your phone notifications, select the SpyPoint app to give you a notification every time a picture is taken. Or don't give the app permission and view the pictures later. Since my 1st 2 cameras are for "security", I want to see the pictures asap.
Doesn't affect your plan, unless you go over your data. It's like your phone is with AT&T and someone with Verizon sends you a picture, that is if your camera has the Verizon plan.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for the heads up.
Ordered some more just now.
Haven’t ran cameras in years.
These almost feel like cheating. Easily see what’s there, where they’re coming from and where they’re going. And when.
Bought unlimited plan for a couple high pic spots. The others that run out of free pics before the 30 days, I just swap out for another cam with 100 more free pics.
$70 for another cam (200 pics/month between the two) vs $60/ year subscription for 250 pics/month plan for one cam.
I do like that you can change the plan from the website if needed.

I would guess that eventually the free plan will go away, hopefully with existing cams grandfathered in for the free plan.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Ditto on appreciate the heads up. I just ordered a few more, have to drive to the Columbus location to get them tomorrow, but that's cool I need to pickup a few things anyway.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Ditto on appreciate the heads up. I just ordered a few more, have to drive to the Columbus location to get them tomorrow, but that's cool I need to pickup a few things anyway.
I was in there last week and they didn’t have any. Forest city was the same

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
These cameras are extremely user friendly. You can adjust how often pictures are taken, how many in each burst, when they start and stop taking pictures each day, etc. In other words, you can control from you phone how many pictures are taken daily to stay in the 100 free if you choose. I'm currently running 10 of these cameras and love them. I use lithium batteries and I believe they would last a year or longer on the 100 or 250 plans.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
These cameras are extremely user friendly. You can adjust how often pictures are taken, how many in each burst, when they start and stop taking pictures each day, etc. In other words, you can control from you phone how many pictures are taken daily to stay in the 100 free if you choose. I'm currently running 10 of these cameras and love them. I use lithium batteries and I believe they would last a year or longer on the 100 or 250 plans.
I agree. I've had zero problems out of mine and like the versatility.