spypoint impresses,,,or maybe not

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
bought a spypoint camera based on reviews,,,,got it on sale from somewhere,,,paid like 80-90 dollars

I like it

put it out in a field corner and it took this picture - a squirrel actually tripped the camera (can see his tail in lower left) but I like this camera - extremely fast trigger speed and recovery,,

got two more on order now!!

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 45

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
I had one and was impressed as well, lots of pictures and good trigger speed. The one i grabbed was the solar panel so didn't need to worry about battery life. It finally succumbed to a flood though and spent a few days under a raging river

nontypical

Ten Pointer
I bought the Spypoint Force 10 before last deer season and it impressed me as well. Fast trigger and pretty good pictures.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I had one and was impressed as well, lots of pictures and good trigger speed. The one i grabbed was the solar panel so didn't need to worry about battery life. It finally succumbed to a flood though and spent a few days under a raging river

that's why I am having to buy cameras,,,,the Pee Dee got 4 of mine last fall,,,still haven't got to two of them to get them off the tree!

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I bought a Spypoint EVO right at the last of deer season. So far it has done a great job. I love the pics being sent to my phone as they are taken.... :) Got it on sale for $119

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bought one of the force 10’s as well, great cam for the price.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I may have been hasty,,,

that first set up was fine - all good pictures

second and third set ups (about a week a piece) and several pictures are trash26685

images taken with two differet high quality SD cards,,,,tsk tsk

email in to spypoint,,,,maybe they know what the issue is

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I may have been hasty,,,

that first set up was fine - all good pictures

second and third set ups (about a week a piece) and several pictures are trashView attachment 26685

View attachment 26686

images taken with two differet high quality SD cards,,,,tsk tsk

email in to spypoint,,,,maybe they know what the issue is

What size card you using?

My cousins was having problems. Switched to smaller card and problem fixed. Also so cameras don’t like cards that been in other cameras

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
it was an 8 and a 16

don't think it's the used in other cameras - I would think it would gunk up all the pictures - maybe not

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Be curious what spypoint says. I just bought two. Put one out last week. So far all pics good

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Be curious what spypoint says. I just bought two. Put one out last week. So far all pics good

yeah, so am I - bought two more (they were on sale again) based on how that one performed that first week - they are still in the box,,,,pending

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Had this happen on a couple of the three we run. They sent a couple of links I had to download on my card and install it into the camera. The update and a fresh set of quality batteries have had them flawless since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sometimes the type of format on the SD card can be a problem. Hopefully CS can help you out.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
That's a stuck filter Moose. The filter is dropping in front of the lens and getting stuck. Sounds crazy, but when you go to the camera, give it a good hard thump right by the lens...seriously. Those cams are unfortunately known for that exact issue.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I have some cameras that wont take pics unless you format the cards before use. After I pull the cards and look at the pics I format them at that time.
Honestly you should format a card every time you put it in the camera, especially if you are sharing card between different brands of cameras. different brands write files a little bit different, which can cause issues with some cameras if there are old files on a card in different formats (deleting the card doesn't take files away, it just marks them as overwritable)

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well had two guarding the driveway the last month,,,,,,

useless,,,

both had the same issue and both had new, formatted cards in them

waste of dang money

sad part,,,they (and others I have used) are so unreliable that even my wife has noticed,,,

she asked me today,,,well those are bad,,,how's that "expensive one" you bought 4 years ago doing? I said it hasn't missed a beat,,,she said you'd be better off buying one of those a year

she may be right

pieces of chinese junk,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I got one working (i hope)

Still messing with the other

Have two more i ordered from same place - crossed fingers