Spring Turkey Camp 4/28-5/1

I am going to sit down with a pen and paper tonight and read through all of this (and the other post). This is a lot to take in.
I have never hunted public land before, so I have no idea what to expect. I will talk with some guys that hunt out of state (I’m in Southern VA) to make sure I do this right.
I am guessing there are areas for us to set up tents and establish a camp, right? Will we be able to make it to town for meals?
All these may be dumb questions, so please don’t rip me apart!! I just don’t want to be caught off guard.
I have a bum back, so I may have to drag my 250 pound Tempur-Pedic bed out there!! (J/k)

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
We need to coordinate this a little more so that it’s not a “Super Spreader”….
Who will be checking Vaccine cards? Taking temps?

need someone else to contact Dr Fauci for permission please, don’t want him upset 🤪
To encourage participation in the 2022 inaugural NCH&F Western N.C. Turkey Hunt, Dr Fauci has agreed to hold the 40 yd. shotgun pattern board for those checking out new chokes & TSS shot patterns. Whose attending now?

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
To encourage participation in the 2022 inaugural NCH&F Western N.C. Turkey Hunt, Dr Fauci has agreed to hold the 40 yd. shotgun pattern board for those checking out new chokes & TSS shot patterns. Whose attending now?
I will be there but I get to shoot 1st and be the last person to hold the patterning board

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I am going to sit down with a pen and paper tonight and read through all of this (and the other post). This is a lot to take in.
I have never hunted public land before, so I have no idea what to expect. I will talk with some guys that hunt out of state (I’m in Southern VA) to make sure I do this right.
I am guessing there are areas for us to set up tents and establish a camp, right? Will we be able to make it to town for meals?
All these may be dumb questions, so please don’t rip me apart!! I just don’t want to be caught off guard.
I have a bum back, so I may have to drag my 250 pound Tempur-Pedic bed out there!! (J/k)
As far as back my bro in law has lots issues with back he will either use a cot in tent or air mattress. As far As eating I'm sure they'll be plenty propane cooking items there can fix bout anything you like grill or stove top. And the horror stories you hear about public won't apply lots land to spread out

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
No need to worry about room to roam. This is a big place with few people.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
If I’m tagged out, ima just slide across the border to the south and hunt there. Assuming I still have a tag 😂🤷‍♂️👍

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
I am still kicking around the thought of this. Its a long ways from the coast. What is the nearest town yall will be staying at?

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Count me in on this excursion. Robbinsville area has good population of birds. Also close to Joyce Kilmer forest. Some giant poplar trees in that place!

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Need to actually read the thread, but I’m sooo down for this. I’ll look back to see the details. My schedule may not allow much but I’ll give it a go.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
If it all shakes out I should be able to go. I’d like to bring Caleb. He was asking about the crew this weekend. We’ve got some other stuff in the works as well but I’ll do my best to get there. Is everyone still tossing around tentative dates?

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Looking ahead at my work schedule, im scheduled to work every Saturday, except for opening day.. (the plight of a 4 on/ 4 off schedule, 12hr days.).
I will watch for what dates, you guys come up with. And see if i can work it out.
So Im a yes!
With out taking any days off, i have some weekdays off. Sunday thru Thursdays, depending on the week. If any one is game for that.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Looking ahead at my work schedule, im scheduled to work every Saturday, except for opening day.. (the plight of a 4 on/ 4 off schedule, 12hr days.).
I will watch for what dates, you guys come up with. And see if i can work it out.
So Im a yes!
With out taking any days off, i have some weekdays off. Sunday thru Thursdays, depending on the week. If any one is game for that.
There is thread below this one with date 4-28 thru 5-1

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
I'd be up for that. The area we were at in Pisgah wouldn't be ideal spot for turkey season its eastern most part ntnl forest closest drive from so much population get a lots spring pressure. Nantahala or more west Pisgah sound like good plan I'd even entertained south mtn but camping spots not big there and right on rd has birds though.
Hey turkeyfoot, i live about 35 min from South Mountain, could use some pointers if you dont mind sharing. Or a weekday camping trip.,