Spring Turkey Camp 4/28-5/1

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I tell ya boys, do I go back to SC, and legitimately stay in turkeys all day, waiting for one to finally break off and come to the gun?
I know of 4 legit toms on the property, Ive not boogered them up, just biding my time...
-OR-
Head up to the mountains and try to find a bird in a place Ive never been? Although, I will say that I feel my chances of finding a willing gobbler in the mountains isn't bad.

To be totally honest, them $100 tags in SC are grinding on my wallet.
I'll make my mind up today.....
Don’t leave to find fish, but was looking forward to hangin out!

if we find a gang of birds we’ll tie one up til you get there.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
If anyone is looking to hunt just south of Nantahala lake area…. PM me and I may be able to help out with a couple spots. Two things though… you will cross a river at a fording spot that can get sketchy if it’s up… elevation between 3,100 - 4,300ft.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
If anyone is looking to hunt just south of Nantahala lake area…. PM me and I may be able to help out with a couple spots. Two things though… you will cross a river at a fording spot that can get sketchy if it’s up… elevation between 3,100 - 4,300ft.

@jcannon said he'd ford the river if you will hold his phone for him 🤪🤣
Sorry bud, had to beat @YanceyGreenhorn to the punch 😄

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Loading up the gladiator now. I so hope I can hook up with y’all. Probably try to hit a bird in Wilkes in the morning and spend the afternoon driving.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Well crap guys. Just got a bad phone call. It looks like I’m out. My wife’s grandfather is declining rapidly. It’s questionable he will make it through the weekend. Now is not the time for me to be running off to the mtns.

If something changes I will be there but it’s not looking good.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I hate to jump on the out wagon, but I don't think I'm going to make it either. We have entertained a lot of family from out of town the last couple weeks, and my new pig adventures have me way behind on the to do list. I need to get some hot wire on these pigs, get about 40 pepper plants in the ground, and mow the property for the first time this year. Maybe if I get that all done...I'll make the trip.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I tell ya boys, do I go back to SC, and legitimately stay in turkeys all day, waiting for one to finally break off and come to the gun?
I know of 4 legit toms on the property, Ive not boogered them up, just biding my time...
-OR-
Head up to the mountains and try to find a bird in a place Ive never been? Although, I will say that I feel my chances of finding a willing gobbler in the mountains isn't bad.

To be totally honest, them $100 tags in SC are grinding on my wallet.
I'll make my mind up today.....

My previous response was short-sighted. I meant to stay on the SC birds UNTIL you went and met up with the group in the mountains.
Hope you hang a tag both places, buddy !

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Sorry to hear that TK. Prayers for you and the family.
I understand the todo list.. Tilled our little garden yesterday, lime n fertilizer before the rain. Will be ready to plant on Tuesday. The wife cut of grass, 2 acres. She's at the airport now.
I looking to head out at 12, after dropping of the lab with my mom.
Should get there about 3-4 pm. Grab a FF spot and hit the stream. All thats left is hunting and chill cloths.

Attachments

• Truck loaded for SIC Blast n cast.jpg
    Truck loaded for SIC Blast n cast.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 25

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Sorry to hear that TK. Prayers for you and the family.
I understand the todo list.. Tilled our little garden yesterday, lime n fertilizer before the rain. Will be ready to plant on Tuesday. The wife cut of grass, 2 acres. She's at the airport now.
I looking to head out at 12, after dropping of the lab with my mom.
Should get there about 3-4 pm. Grab a FF spot and hit the stream. All thats left is hunting and chill cloths.
See you Friday.
Ill text you tomorrow and let you know where im gonna hunt Friday morning.
Prolly get to camp after lunch to switch into trout gear and head out to fish with someone.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Sorry I can’t make it I know y’all will have a blast. Not sure you’ll be able to rival the pics from muzzleloader camp, but ya dang sure might harvest more critters (hint: kill one of anything and you win)

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I believe that I should buy some Samsung stock. I probably average 3 or 4 phones a year.
Dude I get such a kick outta rehashing the river crossing story, I always forget we both needed new phones after that trip. At least you lost yours. I fell asleep on a dang ridge during a downpour and woke up to my spider webbed phone screen filled up with water on my lap

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Dude I get such a kick outta rehashing the river crossing story, I always forget we both needed new phones after that trip. At least you lost yours. I fell asleep on a dang ridge during a downpour and woke up to my spider webbed phone screen filled up with water on my lap
We need to plan another trip

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
If anyone from camp sees this….
I just left Franklin heading south on 441. Gonna swing around toward camp from the south and check a few spots on the way. Should be there like 2 or 3

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
If anyone from camp sees this….
I just left Franklin heading south on 441. Gonna swing around toward camp from the south and check a few spots on the way. Should be there like 2 or 3
I’ll be there gonna take a power nap. I’ve got the trail from today

Attachments

• DDE3BA0E-07BA-4F18-B635-27443B135D92.png
    DDE3BA0E-07BA-4F18-B635-27443B135D92.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 9