Spring/Summer Weather Thread

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
In western harnett area we go some pea sized hail and maybe 30 mph gusts for 15 minutes. Hail about like sonic ice! Oh well getting ready to throw shrimp on the grill!!

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
All of it, its not snow really its just cold.....highs in the low 40's, lows in the 20's on some runs.....there are a few times when the models hint at some snow as well but it wouldnt amount to much at all if that happened outside of the mts at least.....the big take away is that Easter weekend is looking well below normal and might be winters last gasp.....with temps well into the 20's in the western half of the state.....could be a killing freeze easily.
No surprise, that happens every year. We almost always see some snow in April also you here

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Crazy storm

I’ve witnessed hail like that in Pipestone MN, I don’t recall the date but we were at the fairgrounds racing karts. Very surreal experience when it was Sunny and 85-90 degrees out dropping to what felt like freezing.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Gonna be a chance at some hailers this weekend. Nothing too crazy coverage wise but expect some hail reports. We could use a rinse to get rid of this pollen.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Some tennis ball to baseball sized hail reported in I believe Northhampton county yesterday afternoon. That's no good.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe some frost end of week......cloud conditions will make or break it for most of us, if it clears and the wind lays up mid 30's seem likely for a lot of the state....

icon_T2m_seus_22.png

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Might be some potential for severe storms Sat central and especially eastern NC at least based on how it looks now....it pretty conditional though and there are plenty of things that would hinder storms.....but if they developed they could be severe with tornados etc....

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Models starting to agree on a big SE ridge forming in early May....if that pans out then we could see a heat wave of sorts with temps probably 90-95 and little rain for a 4-7 day stretch.....while certainly not unprecedented it sure isnt wanted this soon.....

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Not what I want to hear. Ready to put corn in my hunting plot but I may wait a bit. Problem was too much rain last year at this time.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Chance for some isolated severe storms tomorrow and tuesday. Euro is quieter than some other models so a lot of uncertainty

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Today already starting off rough and the chances of several tornadic storms in NC is pretty high actually...they will be pretty isolated overall but just about anywhere east of the mts could see a tornadic cell....the overall storm mode is messy which is limiting the size and number of storms that can get spun up. Watch out for tail end charlie those storms that at the bottom of the the storm clusters or any cell that gets going away from the clusters of storms....