Spring/Summer Weather Thread

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
What makes you think central Louisiana?

Its a joke seeing as how they have been hit so much.......

Probably going to go out to sea but there are some subtle hints that there are ways for this to get to the US.....its hard to say because the answer to when and where it turns and what happens with the modeled east coast trough possibly cut off low will have a lot to do with it......

us_cyclone-en-087-0_euro_2021092318_15866_481_240.png

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Probably gonna be a cat 5 into central Louisiana.

smart arse,,,,,,

but on the reality side,,,, with it's location and my timing,,, I expect landfall just south of the NC/SC border and a track straight through my house,,,

last time I went to Canada for Caribou (2007 - Quebec) Hurricane Humberto came in,,,, rain was all, but still Boss Lady (wife) wasn't impressed that I was off chasing animals for winter meat when a storm came,,,, since I head to Canada for Caribou (woodland this time) again in less than two weeks, that's about right for this Sam fellow to come roaring in,,,,

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
smart arse,,,,,,

but on the reality side,,,, with it's location and my timing,,, I expect landfall just south of the NC/SC border and a track straight through my house,,,

last time I went to Canada for Caribou (2007 - Quebec) Hurricane Humberto came in,,,, rain was all, but still Boss Lady (wife) wasn't impressed that I was off chasing animals for winter meat when a storm came,,,, since I head to Canada for Caribou (woodland this time) again in less than two weeks, that's about right for this Sam fellow to come roaring in,,,,

Nah he is gonna be a bermuda problem. Louisiana needs a break after the last 2 years

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Got 1.5 at my house in Raleigh yesterday. 70 miles NW my food plot got NOTHING :mad:

If the gfs is correct you can officially write off your food plot. The entire 384hr gives us this much rain

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-162635_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-162635_Samsung Internet.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 18

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Beast mode, luckily he should be safely out to sea well east of the US....getting to be time to watch the Caribbean for storms that track up along the coast....

1632603638676.png

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Gonna be a warm first week of Oct....then quickly going into a tropical wet pattern with lots of deep tropical moisture.....then maybe just maybe a decent cool down right before eastern rifle opener to help mitigate the huge skeeter hatch this warm and wet period will bring......naw I am kidding skeeters gonna be hell till at least the second week of Nov lol....if this dryer spell had continued though maybe the skeeters would have been tolerable.

Depending on just where this upper level low with a tropical moisture taps sets up etc some folks especially central and eastern and especially coastal ones could see 5-8" of rain in a few days sometime the end of next week.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
We certainly need some rain up my way. Hope we’ll get at least a few inches or more to help fill the pond.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I am one week into an over seed. My irrigation will need a break next week! I will take it as long as there is no tropical wind!

Yeah that is rub, the GFS insist on there being some kind of tropical low that moves close to or over eastern NC late next week or next weekend, its the 7-10 day range and there is a lot of changes run to run as is typical this time of year since there are much more moving parts now as fall starts

This was the latest run.....actually comes almost due west and hits the northern OBX

1633090573126.png

This is the run before that, further west and a few days sooner......again focus in this range is whether its there at all or not.....stinks though dont need a lot of rain the week before eastern opener....much less a for real tropical storm/hurricane

1633090626930.png

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Good news in that the models keep the tropical stuff off shore next week and have a monster cold front, keeping us dry and more importantly unseasonably cool on opening weekend in the east.....this would be the lows Sunday morning...though it has temps in the mid to upper 80's on Friday then the big front that night.....would make Sat a interesting and windy hunting day for sure. Sunday morning though :)

1633182709464.png

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a good potential for a flood every day this week in the Piedmont. Probably get another 5+ inches this week. The instant all the rivers and lakes settle back down it comes another monsoon or 3.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a good potential for a flood every day this week in the Piedmont. Probably get another 5+ inches this week. The instant all the rivers and lakes settle back down it comes another monsoon or 3.

It's because I go to the beach......worst fall fishing for me ever.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
The models are having a tough time with the tropical gyre off the SE coast and what, when and where the embedded lows form and track.....this latest run is terrible for the eastern opener.....luckily its just one run....mts look to get it no matter what with S flow up the mts....

1633390054923.png

The run at noon today was similar but the axis of moisture just off shore putting the heaviest totals over the ocean....lets hope that pans out that way.....

1633390403934.png

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
This little tropical low the models have shown for a good while has formed, coast gonna be windy and wet, how much we inlanders get still to be determined.......

Models still have big cool down late in the forecast period please please please let this be right....

1633676234625.png

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
The Raleigh crowd shouldn't have any rain concerns after lastnight. Western pitt County had 2 inches and it only got worse as you head west.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
3 inches here in less than 6 hours last night. They missed it all week but it finally caught up to us. Oh well I got one great fishing trip in Thursday before the flood.