Fall/Second Fall 2022 Weather Thread

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
The latest Nam hi res has the rain the next 60 hrs focused more west and north than the last several waves.....most of this falls on the backside of the 60 hr run so Wed afternoon and later....of course with a good 24 hrs to go before it cranks back up this could move around a bit.....

1657634443045.png

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Was happy with the overcast day, didn’t expect much precipitation wise considering system broke twice. To my surprise getting a healthy dumping right now that will likely exceed a quarter inch.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Another inch of rain yesterday that makes 3 1/2 inches this month. The old folks used to say a dry June followed by a wet July made a good crop. I’m sure farmers are hoping that’s true.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Middle of next week might see a 2-3 day return to the 95-100 type temps.....not unusual for this time of year but with the recent and ongoing rains there will be plenty of ground moisture to make it air you can wear.....

Be glad though we are not dealing with the heat dome they have over the midwest, these features tend to lock in and it can last a long time, most of the lower midwest has highs better than 100 for the next 7-10 days at least.....and the models push these numbers way up there too though anything over 110 is highly suspect but doable there.

1657836303429.png

1657837204380.png

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Was happy with the overcast day, didn’t expect much precipitation wise considering system broke twice. To my surprise getting a healthy dumping right now that will likely exceed a quarter inch.

It exceeded a quarter inch…. 1.5 fell and some hard wind ripped through. You know your soil is finally saturated when fence readings jumped from 7500 volts yesterday to 8600 volts. Need somebody to stop by and confirm for me 😏

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Middle of next week might see a 2-3 day return to the 95-100 type temps.....not unusual for this time of year but with the recent and ongoing rains there will be plenty of ground moisture to make it air you can wear.....

Be glad though we are not dealing with the heat dome they have over the midwest, these features tend to lock in and it can last a long time, most of the lower midwest has highs better than 100 for the next 7-10 days at least.....and the models push these numbers way up there too though anything over 110 is highly suspect but doable there.

View attachment 95190

View attachment 95191
Eff Texas, Show me NC, and be accurate!

Thanks!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Dogs and I spent 2 hrs this evening training and dodging rain storms

FYI - Earl runs back to the truck when the real rough stuff is coming :mosh:

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Over 10 water rescues in Greenville tonight. Scanner suggests most were flooded cars where the drivers needed help walking out of deeper flood waters. Some areas got close to 3 inches in an hour

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Lots of water rescues going on in Greenville, most of the area had 3-5" of rain in a hr or so.....many streets flooded.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Another inch of rain yesterday that makes 3 1/2 inches this month. The old folks used to say a dry June followed by a wet July made a good crop. I’m sure farmers are hoping that’s true.
Zach, my Grand dad use to say a dry June would scare you to death and a wet June would ruin you. Never irrigate in June…save that water till July plants rooting in June.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
We will get a few days close to 100 maybe the end of the week.....but they are topping 110 right now in OK/TX....the dewpoints are low so its a good example of "dry" heat though, the heat index is actually less than the real temp due to that...temp is 110 in Hobart OK with a 50 degree dewpoint giving them a heat index of 107

16:53​
W 810.00
Fair​
CLR1105014%NA10729.841007.7

Mid to upper 90's later this week should be about as bad as it gets here though our heat index will push or be hotter than 107 probably given all the rain lately.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
We will get a few days close to 100 maybe the end of the week.....but they are topping 110 right now in OK/TX....the dewpoints are low so its a good example of "dry" heat though, the heat index is actually less than the real temp due to that...temp is 110 in Hobart OK with a 50 degree dewpoint giving them a heat index of 107

16:53​
W 810.00
Fair​
CLR1105014%NA10729.841007.7

Mid to upper 90's later this week should be about as bad as it gets here though our heat index will push or be hotter than 107 probably given all the rain lately.

That sucks.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Gonna be rather hot this weekend, little piece of the mid west heat wave worked itself loose and will wander over the SE......typically these big mid west heat domes eventually shift east to the SE and die, be nice if it does it in small little spurts like we are seeing now instead of what the GFS just ran which could happen but this is far off so its certainly not likely.....I hope

gfs_T2m_seus_fh222-366.gif

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Been roasting here in Indiana… honestly, it isn’t near as bad as an average NC summer, but it didn’t take long for me to acclimatize to slightly cooler than the pits of hell. I don’t care one bit for anything over 80-85 now. Cold ain’t much better. Need to start working in Alaska in the summer and Florida in the winter.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Models still running some borderline to outright heatwave type temps here for the end of July into early Aug.....98-102 most of the state every day for 5-7 days.....so at this point probably a safe bet that we see at least above normal temps say 94-100 for that period....with a few hotter days mixed in.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Meanwhile here in Greensboro we get a freaking flood every freaking day………it rains 3 inches in less than 2 hours at least every other day. God almighty please let it not rain a drop for at least the next 5 years.

On a side note……it always cracks me up when the “meteorologists” put out “beat advisories” dead in the middle of summer. It’s unmet in the flipping south……it’s supposed to be HOT every single day. Okay rant over……now back to your regular program.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

It was sarcasm……I just wish we could get rain in moderation…..like an inch over 20 hours time……not 5 inches in 30 minutes. This has been the norm for 6 years straight now. I thought we had almost come out of it but the last month ha proven otherwise. Flood after flood after flood.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
It was sarcasm……I just wish we could get rain in moderation…..like an inch over 20 hours time……not 5 inches in 30 minutes. This has been the norm for 6 years straight now. I thought we had almost come out of it but the last month ha proven otherwise. Flood after flood after flood.

I will never cuss the rain.

I appreciate the rain pattern of the last six years. This is climate change I approve of.

Reactions: RJ1