Spring blow toad fishing

Browning86

Six Pointer
Going to OKI next week and I’m wondering if it’s warmed up enough for them to be around yet. I know it’s pretty early in the year.

mullet dredge

Six Pointer
Small sea mullets and some keepers showed last week in the usual places around oak island. Toads should be there with them.....

Browning86

Six Pointer
I’m heading down Saturday afternoon. I’ll post a report..sure would love to get into some toads and whiting. Best eating fish In the surf!

whynot

Spike
Fish for them around Morehead all day yesterday. The wind prevented us from fishing some of our normal spots and ended up only catching one.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Caught some citation size whiting off the spt pier 2 weeks ago...no toads. Going back in 2 weeks, hope that they have shown up then

Browning86

Six Pointer
I think we were a little early we managed to catch one big whiting and one toad. Seaweed was horrible the first day and the skates, dogfish, and tiny blues were thick the rest of the time. Fishing was better on the rising tide.

hharke

Button Buck
Contributor
I have got to try fishing for just blow toads. they are great eating. What is the key to finding them?

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
We fished the Bogue Inlet Pier, last weekend 04/14/2018 and there were probably a dozen or so toads along the pier that were caught. The larger whiting were inside the breakers the smaller whiting and vast majority of blow toads were caught past the breakers on the pier. Hope this helps.