Spring 2021 Crappie Report Thread

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
I tried offering a minnow a few different ways Sat. morning at Beaverdam, Falls lake and only small catfish were taking.
No graph that day, Tarpon 120 paddled well. Not much to offer bass so zero there also.
Good part is my shoulder/rotor seems to held up ok. Looking forward ...

darenative

Twelve Pointer
We fished sunday afternoon. Caught 3 big crappie and a pretty good handful of bass.
Dang crappie were tough to get to bite. We pulled off 8 or 10 crappie at the net that were barely hooked. We ended up dropshotting em with bigger soft plastics. You had to hold it right in their face for an eternity before they'd hit it. Frustrating to say the least

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Man! If the wind never blows again it will be too soon. Fished 5 hours today and managed a half dozen good ones. Trolling jigs in deep water. Water temp dropped 7/9 degrees since last Sunday. The fish are there but boat control when it’s blowing 20 is damn tough. Still glad to go and I’ll be back at em.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Man! If the wind never blows again it will be too soon. Fished 5 hours today and managed a half dozen good ones. Trolling jigs in deep water. Water temp dropped 7/9 degrees since last Sunday. The fish are there but boat control when it’s blowing 20 is damn tough. Still glad to go and I’ll be back at em.

A cold rain messed up my plans earlier in the week, and the wind kept me from going the past two days. Gonna try tomorrow afternoon maybe.

How deep were you finding fish?

Last week at the end of that warm spell the fish were getting right, but after the weather this week, I have no idea what mood they'll be in.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
A cold rain messed up my plans earlier in the week, and the wind kept me from going the past two days. Gonna try tomorrow afternoon maybe.

How deep were you finding fish?

Last week at the end of that warm spell the fish were getting right, but after the weather this week, I have no idea what mood they'll be in.

I only looked in spots that were deep. 25-40'. Fish were scattered throughout the water column.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Yep, down right tired of the wind. It's been gusting 40-50 for days in my neck of the woods.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I couldn’t get anyone to go with me this afternoon in the wind, but the fish didn’t care. I caught about 20 and kept 9 good ones. The biggest was a sure enough slab. Fish were 15-25’ deep in 30’ of water. I could have probably caught quite a few more if boat control wasn’t such a chore.

7CF2F5DB-F6E6-4ABC-886A-E1246EEC2985.jpeg

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Hope the warmer temps help this week. We had the same experience Saturday. Cold, wind, and water temp barely over 50. Fish were in 20 ft plus and hard to get a bite. We did catch 2 in shallower water, and one 6 lb bass. Kind of got dirty looks from the guys in the bass tournament fishing next to us as there were on their 6000th cast and we re pulling in a bass on 16ft trolling rods.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Hope the warmer temps help this week. We had the same experience Saturday. Cold, wind, and water temp barely over 50. Fish were in 20 ft plus and hard to get a bite. We did catch 2 in shallower water, and one 6 lb bass. Kind of got dirty looks from the guys in the bass tournament fishing next to us as there were on their 6000th cast and we re pulling in a bass on 16ft trolling rods.
Yep, elephants and peanuts come to mind

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Fished a couple hours today. Counted at 37, picked up 4 more at once on the next pass. Culled the smaller of them. No giants, but some quality with a few over 14, and several over 12-13”. Only one under 9” at 8.75”. Left them biting, and could’ve comfortably culled to 10” if I had the time, but had to get off the lake for a function this evening. 90DD0217-71EC-406A-BDCA-5E75E674F68D.jpeg

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I took my Mom and Dad this morning. Its the first time she had ever been crappie fishing. We pulled jigs and caught about 35 in a half day. They took 18 home with them. It was a pretty good day. I think they are in transition. They had moved out of some areas.

warhorse

Eight Pointer
I took my Mom and Dad this morning. Its the first time she had ever been crappie fishing. We pulled jigs and caught about 35 in a half day. They took 18 home with them. It was a pretty good day. I think they are in transition. They had moved out of some areas.
Badin? I went there Tuesday afternoon, fished from circle drive all the way to above the tressel and got spanked. I did see the boats were piled up in the mouth of gar creek, but I didn't go join. Didn't mark any fish anywhere in Circle drive area, Golf Course. Marked stuff in the river but only 1 15 inch slab was having any of it. Marked lots out in 40 ft of water in the long cove in front of whitney, one 14 1/2 incher there and that was my day.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Badin? I went there Tuesday afternoon, fished from circle drive all the way to above the tressel and got spanked. I did see the boats were piled up in the mouth of gar creek, but I didn't go join. Didn't mark any fish anywhere in Circle drive area, Golf Course. Marked stuff in the river but only 1 15 inch slab was having any of it. Marked lots out in 40 ft of water in the long cove in front of whitney, one 14 1/2 incher there and that was my day.
That's my favorite area to fish on the whole lake, seldom fish past the point until july and later
I wonder if the boats at gar creek were on stripers,its time for them to be heading into the tailrace if the flood gates would stay shut

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
About to spawn in SC low country...

Slipped in a few casts this eve before trying to roost a turkey

D1BEC5A1-4C42-4024-94AF-C9291A1F392C.jpegB5429388-0934-4D4A-83E6-9AB6B3D07621.jpeg