Spot and Croaker limits coming April 15th

CRC

Old Mossy Horns

The new recreational bag limit will be 50 fish per person per day for each species. It will apply to fishing recreationally with hook-and-line and other gears.

The commercial fishery for spot will close from Dec. 10 through Apr. 4, and the commercial Atlantic croaker season will close from Dec. 16 through Dec. 31.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Stop buying seafood unless it's pen raised like livestock and poultry. "If you didn't catch it, don't eat it!" Hey, that could be a new slogan for the people who just like to fish for fun, family, and friends. ;)

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Spots are on the mend. I just want to watch the DMF count coolers on the piers 😂. Lots of good spot runs the last few years.

You can thank the short sighted CCA and North Carolina Wildlife Federation for their stupidity in backing this. 🤦🏼‍♂️

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Stop buying seafood unless it's pen raised like livestock and poultry. "If you didn't catch it, don't eat it!" Hey, that could be a new slogan for the people who just like to fish for fun, family, and friends. ;)
I wish I could figure out how to raise shrimp in a pen :ROFLMAO:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Spots are on the mend. I just want to watch the DMF count coolers on the piers 😂. Lots of good spot runs the last few years.

You can thank the short sighted CCA and North Carolina Wildlife Federation for their stupidity in backing this. 🤦🏼‍♂️
I heard on the radio that this was done to comply with Federal regulations?
Or are you referring to CCA/NCWF backing the federal regulations?

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I heard on the radio that this was done to comply with Federal regulations?
Or are you referring to CCA/NCWF backing the federal regulations?

Yes.....lobbying and supporting the push for these at whatever level they can