Split 1

JD1107

Anyone heading out in the am? Just picked up my stamp and will be fighting the mosquitos Friday morning in the hopes of shooting a few wood ducks.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Enjoy the morning. Thank goodness my hunting buddy is still in training, if I accidentally killed a skeeter it would be a tough retrieve. Good luck

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
I just can’t bring myself to go. If I did it would be on a small boat drifting a smallish creek in hopes of jumping a few woodies. I’m sweating at the thought of 5 mm waders and a constant whine of mosquitoes. You go get em though buddy. We’ve got some stream inspections coming up soon at work and I’m dreading it something awful. Pure tee dreading it.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
6 teal this morning. High water always sucks in currituck. Did see some birds but they knew where they were going.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Hot, Snakes , mosquitoes, & few ducks. If we get Sunday hunting we may want to throw these early days on the alter so that we can hunt when the ducks are here.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
No luck Wednesday, all birds were way out of range. Had 5 birds come through this morning, between me and my buddy we fired 5 shells, all missed. Idk what’s up, I haven’t been able to hit much of anything flying this year. Left about an hour sooner than planned, a gator swam over to our spot on the creek and I wasn’t taking chances with my dog. Gonna try again this evening on a field, I much prefer hunting over water but I see good numbers in this field most evenings. Hoping the next split is better.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
hunted wednesday morning, friday and quick hunt on saturday. Definetly a slower than normal october season. Killed 6 teal wednesday, 22 total friday woodies and teal and 10 saturday all woodies. Did not see much else. Weather was about as bad as it gets. Did get a band friday which was a bonus. Ready for some cooler weather I am tired of sweating