Speed of cell cam image transmission?

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I have not tried any cellular game cameras yet. How fast is the time lapse from the camera taking pictures until you can view it on your phone? Assuming you have good signal strength

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
On my muddy manifest that I use for Security on my driveway, I get a pic from when I drive by about the time I put my car in park which is 30 seconds or less.

My spypoint cell links vary from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for the replies. So I guess the processing speed of the camera to turn an image into a signal is a factor along with distance from towers and amount of traffic from other cell phone devices. They are not going to be fast enough to send a picture of a trespasser on foot in time to actually catch them unless they hang around a few minutes

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I was working with customer service at Tactacam trying to figure out if the PIR sensor was working properly he accessed my account/camera and could see me at real time. We were on the phone and he would tell me when the PIR was tripping the camera to take a picture. The new Tactacams are supposed to have a "real time" video setting in the next release, so the technology is out there for a super fast response time.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
When I was working with customer service at Tactacam trying to figure out if the PIR sensor was working properly he accessed my account/camera and could see me at real time. We were on the phone and he would tell me when the PIR was tripping the camera to take a picture. The new Tactacams are supposed to have a "real time" video setting in the next release, so the technology is out there for a super fast response time.
That would be worth the cost to have real time pictures. I will look into that brand first

Packfan

Eight Pointer
If I have good service on both my phone and the cameras, I get typically notifications in 30 seconds or less. Sometimes like 10 seconds depending g go how many cameras are sending photos through at the same time. I have 8 Covert cameras on the same account and they all cycle together….meaning when one starts sending pics or “blowing up” the others all seem to follow suit. Deer, for the most part in the same general area all cycle together unless they get pressured. When this happens you are typically in that max timeframe range.

Cell cams make it pretty easy to see the patterns once you learn how to use them vs just looking for (or at) a photo.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
At least in Tactacam you need a certain speed SD card too. I wasn’t aware of this, thought they just stored images.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
At least in Tactacam you need a certain speed SD card too. I wasn’t aware of this, thought they just stored images.

Spypoint SD card recommendations.